The Pro Xp Alliance

edited September 2004 in Software
On this board we have a large number of Windows XP Bashers but I want to here from fellow XP Praisers.

I have had my computer for over a year now. Its been running as fast as the day i brought it and windows xp still runs like a treat. Ive upgraded to SP2 with no ill affects and my computer does what I want when i want. My friends will tell you that I am a very proud person when it comes to my never crash computer.

So I want to hear from other people on this board who like me like and highly recommend Windows XP.

(Note I know a lot of people hate IE and the fact its intergrated with XP but I hate to admit that I also like IE :D )

Richard

Comments

• Welcome fellow XP user :-)

*trys to ignor fact you use IE*
    *moves on*

You see, People are just against XP so they can be all 1337 with their Linux but at heart they really know XP is the true 1337 OS.
  • XP > ALL

People complain that OH NOES!111 XP DIDNT INSTLL ON MY 233MHz / 144MBVZ!111!!11
  • LMAO

OH NOES IT WONT UPGRADE FROM 95!!! ITS HORRIBLE 98SE OWNZ YOU!
  • Haha, I admit linux is probably not the best choice. XP or 2000 are my preferred OS's.
  • LOL

This is funny I have to point it out.

When Q was around SSH was like 200 4ever!

Now hes gone and he admits he likes XP
  • -_- I still throughly believe in 2004ever, but I see the point of XP. Such as SSE2 support and when people want the lateset and greatest eye candy available.

PS- My keys hang on a "Year 2000" neck keychain, I plan to say it's for 2004ever!
  • 2000 is almost 5 years ago.

It's getting old, time for a change. Change is good.
  • XP's what. 3 or so years old? It's not a spring chicken either.
  • Yeah, but with all the improvments over 2000 and SP2, its more like a 2003 OS.
  • I still prefer 2000 even tho its 5 years old. I think the year 2000 is when ms hit it right. Windows was great, Office was great, and IE 5 was the best of all versions.

XP would be my next choice for windows OS

and i do like linux, its great for a server.

I like it all basicly.
  • OS X seemed interesting when I used it for the first time today...
  • LMAO

OSX is byfar the WORST Operationg System.

Yes it is based on BSD, BUT, What Apple did to it is just SICK.
  • They said XP was like a child's toy... uh, the screensaver was almost mesmerizing during Bio!
  • Dude, its a screensavor :P

One piece of eyecandy doesnt make an OS better. OSX is probably one of the worst Operating Systems I've seen.

Take away the look which is total and utter disqust and you got an OS with a very unstable kernal which is far from UNIX or whatever Apple tryes to bring up.

PS: I got 7 gmail address's now, one is CrAppleG5 :-)

PPS: Speaking of the G5, lets not even START on their MAJOR lack of.....EVERYTHING LMAO
  • I dont mine OSX that much, Linux is definately slower than OSX on a 400MHz G3 / 256MB.
  • Yea. OSX doesn't seem THAT bad.
    Dude, its a screensavor :P

One piece of eyecandy doesnt make an OS better. OSX is probably one of the worst Operating Systems I've seen.

LMAO, my point was that id XP is a child's toy this is a child's mobile or something.... the screen saver was more eyecandy'd than much of anythign in XP! And I sat there again in Bio so I could watch it, but that class is more interesting than some.
  • (Note I know a lot of people hate IE and the fact its intergrated with XP but I hate to admit that I also like IE :D )

Richard

i dont care if u use ie (have u even tried ffx) but keep that rancid trash (IE) away from me.
  • I dont mine OSX that much, Linux is definately slower than OSX on a 400MHz G3 / 256MB.

Linux is slow, OSX is insanely unstable though.
  • the strange thing is, when i put some distro of linux on my 1.5GHz/120GB HDD/256Mb RAM, it was faster than Windows XP on the same system.
  • Odd... maybe your registry was stressed when you had XP or something?
    I dont mine OSX that much, Linux is definately slower than OSX on a 400MHz G3 / 256MB.

Linux is slow, OSX is insanely unstable though.

So far, the G4's run screensavers pretty well, lol. That's about all I can say.
  • My 386 ran screensavers good, I loved the flying toaster :-)
  • That's about all I can say. That and no login server at school is nice, since the Win Domain takes forever.
  • Haha... XP Praisers... nice try...
    I don't think its worth for me to talk about XP..., you know my opinion... but I just want to say... if you need a new OS and have a fast CPU, why not better to install Windows SRV 2003? and then to convert it to workstation?
  • I have tried Firefox and I dont like it. I find it slower than IE and far less useable. I guess thats just me.

Richard
  • Slash wrote:
    Haha... XP Praisers... nice try...
    I don't think its worth for me to talk about XP..., you know my opinion... but I just want to say... if you need a new OS and have a fast CPU, why not better to install Windows SRV 2003? and then to convert it to workstation?

How is 2003 better than XP?

Exactly :-P
  • Oh yea, they're the Dual 2GHz/1 GB of RAM G5's at school.

Didn't get a chance to look at the Win ones yet.
  • having 1GB of RAM in a Macintosh is crime against technology!
  • having a macintosh is the crime lol
  • Nah, I want one to make fun of.

Just as long as I dont pay for it LOL
  • Heh, the teachers get mactop's.