The Pro Xp Alliance

1235»

Comments

• newer than windows xp so should be even more stable that its predecessor.

it is
  • Wow I start a post and it reaches over 100 replys.

Well, with Slash in town it is a "highly charged" topic.

-Q
  • I love how Nemo has like, a computer from 1996, then says windows is horrible. Of course Windows works bad on ancient PCs. Upgrade man.
    He's a poor guy, and computers in Russia are very expensive...
  • BOD wrote:
    2003 sys reqs are lower than XP's

and it claiming minimum 1.5GB hdd is a load of crap, im using 1GB
    No, SVR 2003 won't run on 64megs of RAM, and XP will...
  • Slash wrote:
    I love how Nemo has like, a computer from 1996, then says windows is horrible. Of course Windows works bad on ancient PCs. Upgrade man.

Me and Q know what it cost me to make my PC:

Barely anything.

My CPU was and motherboard came out of a PC that we thought was junk with a K6-II in it.... I insisted that we look inside it because it was MASSIVE. We find an Athlon 1200MHz in there, and an Asus AV7 motherboard. I take the board and CPU, Q takes the case with tons of fans, including one MASSIVE one.

I had two 256MB sticks of RAM at home, and a 128MB I got off Q to use in BlacI when I used it for a day. Those all went into the Asus board. My dad had bought me one of the 256s, the other I traded a 128MB for LOL. The hard drive my dad got me, and the video card I got by giving Mr. Clean a different one that was AGP.

The case I found with Mr. Clean over on the other side of town, and I loved it so I took it home and put my shit in it.

There you have it, the story of how my computer came to be.
  • I may try 2003 sometime when I have free time... just to experiment a bit.

I had a free P4 1.5. except I think I killed the processor. :(
  • Slash wrote:
    I love how Nemo has like, a computer from 1996, then says windows is horrible. Of course Windows works bad on ancient PCs. Upgrade man.

Me and Q know what it cost me to make my PC:

Barely anything.

My CPU was and motherboard came out of a PC that we thought was junk with a K6-II in it.... I insisted that we look inside it because it was MASSIVE. We find an Athlon 1200MHz in there, and an Asus AV7 motherboard. I take the board and CPU, Q takes the case with tons of fans, including one MASSIVE one.

I had two 256MB sticks of RAM at home, and a 128MB I got off Q to use in BlacI when I used it for a day. Those all went into the Asus board. My dad had bought me one of the 256s, the other I traded a 128MB for LOL. The hard drive my dad got me, and the video card I got by giving Mr. Clean a different one that was AGP.

The case I found with Mr. Clean over on the other side of town, and I loved it so I took it home and put my shit in it.

There you have it, the story of how my computer came to be.

but in russia those things maby be not just "lying around"
  • how much does it cost to get it from another country, lets say, United Kingdom, or um...
    China, or somewhere near that
  • Yea in Russia I think people don't just throw stuff like that out, they probably sell or reuse it.

Fish, don't be TOO hard on them. Remember when we hated Nero because it made coasters on our K6IIs @ 475MHz?

-Q
  • Q wrote:
    Yea in Russia I think people don't just throw stuff like that out, they probably sell or reuse it.

Fish, don't be TOO hard on them. Remember when we hated Nero because it made coasters on our K6IIs @ 475MHz?

-Q

Ya, but we finally realized it was our slow-ass CPUs making it not work, therefore, we need to tell people its their slow-ass CPUs that make things not work.

By the way, Im downloading 2003 now, and Ill see if its better, it probably is. Also, Ill TRULY make it "workstation"... Im going to edit the start menu banner to say Windows 2003 Professional.
  • Right, but it took AGES for us to bother to spend the monies, which may not be so free in Russia.

-Q
  • In Russia you can buy everything.... My friend got an intel 186... I haven't heard of that CPU before... 1meg of ram there... works good...
    We need a CGA monitor...
  • Grr! If I was cold-tolerant, spoke Russian, and was able to, I might live there!

-Q
  • Yea, you should have a lot of patience to work on the net through Russian Dial-Up!
  • The Intel 186 processor is for embedded systems. Also, Q, why would you go there, when here the computers are faster and cheaper?
  • in Russia computers are cheaper... it's true... nevertheless theyre all Chinese... but China does its best in recent years.