I've got Trillian!!!!

edited October 2004 in Software
Its awsome. Its the best IMing program I have ever used.

Does anyone agree/disagree with me on Trillian?

Comments

• Also, Trillian takes up less ram than all the other IMing programs combined. Another plus.
  • Everyone has Trillian Pro 2.013.
  • I love trillian pro. I know some people think its poor (Q) , but i like it.
  • Q USES trillian, so do I, but AIM is better for AIM only because trillian has trouble direct connecting :-|

I don't.
  • Q USES trillian, so do I, but AIM is better for AIM only because trillian has trouble direct connecting :-|

According to some website, trillian is supposed to work with dcing to other trillian users and aim 5.2 users, it has the trouble with aim 5.5 users.

I don't.

Thats because your trying to be different.
  • If I were trying to be different I'd format all my machines and put linux on them, and stop using "microshit winblows"
  • I don't use Trillian becaues I don't use any other IMing program besides AIM.
  • lol winblows i laughed
  • Topher wrote:
    Q USES trillian, so do I, but AIM is better for AIM only because trillian has trouble direct connecting :-|

According to some website, trillian is supposed to work with dcing to other trillian users and aim 5.2 users, it has the trouble with aim 5.5 users.

wouldn't surpirse me but i think i had trouble Directly Connecting to someone that had AIM 5.2....... anyways i mostly just use AIM anyways so i haven't used trillain in a while... but it ownz the other IMing programs but it won't connect to yahoo.... everytime i try it says invalid password... anyways i think AIM by its self is fine though,
  • BlueSun wrote:
    Topher wrote:
    Q USES trillian, so do I, but AIM is better for AIM only because trillian has trouble direct connecting :-|

wouldn't surpirse me but i think i had trouble Directly Connecting to someone that had AIM 5.2.......

And that would be me?
  • rog did you use trillain or aim 5.2? everytime i tried to DC to you i've been using AIM 5.5, and about the only thing i like about AIM 5.5 is the popups that tell you who signed on or off... etc.. if AIM 5.2 had that i'd still be using AIM 5.2
  • Make SURE you have 2.013 if Yahoos screwing up. Like 2.01 to 2.013 were solely updates to fix Yahoos screwedness.

-Q
  • trillian is better than M$N, it tells u wen ppl sign off and on
  • And isn't poor about it like AIM 5.5 is.

-Q

PS. I'm not sure W0 is "just trying to be different", afterall, a few weeks ago, neither of us used it.
  • BOD wrote:
    trillian is better than M$N, it tells u wen ppl sign off and on

yeah thats one of the thigns i hated about M$N i mean what the fuck? it tells when people sign on and not whne they sign off? poor
  • BlueSun wrote:
    rog did you use trillain or aim 5.2? everytime i tried to DC to you i've been using AIM 5.5, and about the only thing i like about AIM 5.5 is the popups that tell you who signed on or off... etc.. if AIM 5.2 had that i'd still be using AIM 5.2

AIM 5.2.
  • i would use trillian but all the sites i try to get it from, always say im forbidden.
  • ==DAY 2==

I finnally found a Trillian Skin I like.

So far I have been very happy with it. I like all the smilies and the containers for away messages. I also like the way it handles multiple AIM screen names since I have like 5 sn's. I dont intend on switching any time soon back to AIM, MSN, Yahoo, ICQ.
  • I think AIM is better just when talking with another people on AIM. But if you need to communicate with ICQ users... Trillian is your choice.
  • AIM certainly has advantages: DCing, free, etc. But for any other svc or for multiple ones, Tril is excellent.

-Q
  • Slash wrote:
    I think AIM is better just when talking with another people on AIM. But if you need to communicate with ICQ users... Trillian is your choice.

AIM and ICQ users can communicate through AIM or ICQ... its the same network, my AIM logs in using the ICQ login server.
  • ==Day 3==

I like the container feature for all the im's that are sent to me while I'm away.

I used the irc thing today, and I liked it really well.

So far I give Trillian a 7.5/10. (Some things good, other things poor)

I give AIM a 6/10 (I actually like AIM. Go figuer. Still some room for improvment)
    I give ICQ a 4/10 (Hated the UI. Impossible to add ppl to the list, etc.)
    I give MSN a 5/10 (Sort of good but room for big improvment)
    I give mIRC a 3/10 (found it confusing)
    I give YIM a 4/10 (didn't like the UI)
  • HeH, I've tried mIRC and Tril and Kopete, only Kopetes IRC I liked. Overall it's nice (Tril), I espeically like MetaContacts. Usefull for ppl like JT who have WAY too many IM accounts.

-Q
  • Q wrote:
    HeH, I've tried mIRC and Tril and Kopete, only Kopetes IRC I liked. Overall it's nice (Tril), I espeically like MetaContacts. Usefull for ppl like JT who have WAY too many IM accounts.

-Q

I have 6 AIM screen names currently. 2 Yahoo ones, 2 MSN ones and 1 ICQ.
  • I just use AIM.
  • I just use AIM.

AIM doesn't handle 6 screen names as well as Trillian does.
  • James Babb wrote:
    I just use AIM.

AIM doesn't handle 6 screen names as well as Trillian does.

NOOOO it doesnt. I tried sn linking but it never worked in aim 5.5

I have 2 sn's in trillian, i have many other (mostly tophernet with diff. numbers) and my old ones, but i dont use them. I allways primarily use TopherNET2k.

and 1 msn and 1 yahoo.
  • Topher,

I remember that you were the first person I ever talked to on AIM. You were the one that made me get AIM.