Dumb Computer Teacher!!

Comments

• Please, none of you have hagovers from my suggestion!

We have all this tropical rum from the Caribbean... good stuff!
  • Hmm, maybe Joblin'd give me a taste of his...

-Q
  • He's the local bar and general store, crooked as a sea-serpent too.

-Q
  • K-6th grade: really stupid computer teacher! (In 5th grade, I was sent to the prinicipal's office for questioning my computer teacher why we had to use Story Book Weaver to write our reports in, instead of this perfectly good installation of Office 95. Her response was, "I don't understand Office. And if I don't [understand it], you won't understand it either.)

7th-Present Grade: I am the computer tech for the school library. They fiquered out I would work for little pay ($10 each machine fixed [don't tell them I sabotaged a few], and free school lunches [Up to $3 a day])
  • Ice cream and beer makes a good icecream float!
    Uhg. Hold the ice cream.
    guzzle.gif
    Thump
  • Ahh rootbeer float.

-Q

PS. IJ: Some teachers have difficulty with the fact they their pupils may know more then them.
  • Q wrote:

PS. IJ: Some teachers have difficulty with the fact they their pupils may know more then them.

LOL, know how that goes
  • well, my 5th grade teacher was real nice and actually learned from me, she knew some bout computers, and I tought her about more of them. She was interested. I even tought her how to update Windows.
  • some parents have difficulty dealing with the fact that their kids know more than they do about some things....
  • Yeah, once I told my teacher thats an Ethernet jack, not a phone jack, I was kind of owning him from then on
  • my dad always gets pissed off when i fix his computer and he can't

classic line
    Thats what i did the first time!

yesterday he claimed his documents 'disappreaed' by magic. iot took me half an hour to explain that wasnt possicble
  • maby he loaded a troajn LOL

Theres no telling what n00b's can do
  • no i checked the systems clean i think he had all highlighted and pressed space...
  • lol, real smart there, did you check the recycling bin?

he...didnt empty it did he?
  • Yeah, once I told my teacher thats an Ethernet jack, not a phone jack, I was kind of owning him from then on

Please explain to me how someone can fit an ethnernet cable into a phone jack.
  • You can't LOL
  • my current tech teacher was like "Microsoft made the first OS, and the first programs." I am thinking, somethin is messed up
  • LMAO Mine said MS first made Windows and Bill Gates wrote it himself when he was college.

He did BASIC in college, dropped out, licenced BASIC bought QDOS, yeah..you know what happens next...
  • i dont believe it was JUST bill gates.

but neat mini-bio, i didnt know that he did Basic in college.
  • Yeah, heard about the Altair, when the own of it let Bill licence it to him, he dropped out.

And it wasnt just him, I'm really sure Paul Allen helped him.
  • nightice wrote:
    Yeah, once I told my teacher thats an Ethernet jack, not a phone jack, I was kind of owning him from then on

Please explain to me how someone can fit an ethnernet cable into a phone jack.

Hehe, are you kidding? It's impossible to do so...
    At least I never heard of that... :)
  • You can't. He was too much of an idiot to eactually look and see
  • Well you can try to stick a phone line into a RJ45, but it'll be rather loose.

-Q
  • Yeah, Iv'e noticed this but would the wires meet up?
  • QQ
    edited September 2004
    Maybe, but I don't think that you'd be able to do anything unless you custom wired one or both.

Correction, I just tried it and it fits rather snugly! So I guess it could be understood that he thought that it was right. However obviously the wires wouldn't match up.

-Q
  • Yeah, pins may touch, but theres like NO way you can do anything
  • Unless you custom wired the RJ45 jack as a phone line, say for an emergency or in a pinch.

-Q
  • Anyway....Dumb computer teacher!!

1st correction - That's not 56Kbytes, its 56Kbits whic it only about 7 Kbytes.

2nd correction - a floppy is not 1024Kb (well,a long time ago they did)

3rd correction - I make this correction alot, a PC does not always use windows and a Mac does not always use MacOS. I mean she was like "Yes it does, you can NOT put MacOS on a PC so Windows is the ONLY choice"
  • Well, she was