Dumb Computer Teacher!!

Comments

• AH I got a story about a dumb computer teacher!

Just happened this morning....

Ok so its period 3 and I'm in Advanced Web (website and graphic design class...like I need it right? lolol) so anyway my teacher was showing us someone's site on tripod.com on the overhead projector thing. As dumb as she is, she uses IE and here pops up some fake windows dialog box about spyware and she clicks "Cancel" and it brings more popups...haha. It was so easy to see that it wasn't a real windows dialog box. I'm sure she felt dumb for one, not using firefox and two, not being able to tell that it was a fake dialog box. hahahaha!
  • LOL She installed Fireworks and blurred the projector so noone would see the serial. How fucking stupid. I wonder where she got the srial from though..:? She could of went to andr.net LMAO
  • HaH! Like those BSoDs and DOS boxes that open in IE windows for "Windows Washer" or whatever it's called! Fish had a great comment about them...

-Q
  • *sigh* i know ppl who click cancel on them things.....
  • The desktop properties ones work on me when I'm really tired.

All the others are just stupid and don't work on me.
  • Why blur a serial, like someone is really going to write it down.

another story

So during class, my teacher was going on about something, then he got into MS< i got interested, he said 99% of computers have MS Windows on them, i corrected him and said about 93-96% and that some people use Linux and Mac, my teacher said, well they are just miniture new OSs, now linux has been out for years, and so has mac, and BSD< and soo on
  • Why blur a serial, like someone is really going to write it down.

I do. I got ones for Cisco Internetwork Designer and Electronics Workbench that way.

-Q
  • XP Pro valid activations serials :-)
  • Q wrote:
    Well you can try to stick a phone line into a RJ45, but it'll be rather loose.

-Q

Some phone systems use RJ45's style plugs. Where I used to work, they had an Ethernet sized clip on the end of the cord that connected the phone to the wall jack. Then they got new phones. Same wiring, just different main system and phones, and this time they used regular RJ11 phone cables. Worked fine.
  • Well in that case I'd make all my jacks RJ45 and just plumb them up as needed.

-Q
  • you can aslo netowork pcs with phone cable, cos i think it onyl uses 2 or 3 cables.....
  • But the faster versions of Eth use all 8, so it's NOT a good idea. In a pic I could see that.

-Q
  • Or you can get those Phone NIC's. They suck at speed. v3.0 only does 10MB/sec...That's like 1995 technology.
  • But, if you have the phone infrastructure already going through your home it might be easier for some people. I'll still do FastE when I add on my comp rm in my house sometime in the next year.
  • I add on my comp rm in my house sometime in the next year.

Elaborate...

-Q
  • I'm moving my assorted technology (everything but my desktop) to a seperate room. This will kind of be like a study, but in relaity I'll do HW in the old PC area, where there will only be the desktop left.

Hopefully the seperate room will allow me to seperate computer junk and important stuff for school.
  • Slash wrote:
    nightice wrote:
    Yeah, once I told my teacher thats an Ethernet jack, not a phone jack, I was kind of owning him from then on

Please explain to me how someone can fit an ethnernet cable into a phone jack.

Hehe, are you kidding? It's impossible to do so...
    At least I never heard of that... :)

I meant something like why the hell would someone attempt to put an RJ-45 cable into a phone jack if it quite clearly doesn't fit the first time around?
  • edited February 2011
    my intro to it class teacher told me that windows xp was based complety on unix
    ________
    Ford-Vairogs
  • LOL! Windows XP... Unix.... LMAO!

My teachers love Cursor Mania, no matter how much times I say it is bad for the computer, they don't listen, so during lab, I have to look at this disgusting cursor smiley showing me his rear, and I cannot change the cursor, or i will go into ISS (or detention)
  • apple2gs wrote:
    my intro to it class teacher told me that windwos xp was based complety on unix

LMAO thats a ton of bullshit.

My teachers love Cursor Mania, no matter how much times I say it is bad for the computer, they don't listen, so during lab, I have to look at this disgusting cursor smiley showing me his rear, and I cannot change the cursor, or i will go into ISS (or detention)
    that's even worse!
  • If winxp was based on UNIX slash would love it!!!!!

that's even worse!

Then I have kids at my school go "Me and [his friends name] were looking at all these cool smileys"

I go "From where"

He goes "smiley central"

I silently go "poor loser, living in a mess of spyware"

and I told my other friend about spyware, he thinks it is a company

that's even worse!

Then I have kids at my school go "Me and [his friends name] were looking at all these cool smileys"

I go "From where"

He goes "smiley central"

and I told my other friend about spyware, he thinks it is a company

well TcH they arent u, let them live in a mess of spyware.

And leave cursor mania on school systems, i think having spyware on school systems is good so it pisses tech admins off. (lol i installed nbc 5 weatherbug (the special version of teh bug from nbc 5 chcago) on school systems.
  • Topher wrote:
    If winxp was based on UNIX slash would love it!!!!!
    Sure I will!
  • Then I have kids at my school go "Me and [his friends name] were looking at all these cool smileys"

I go "From where"

He goes "smiley central"

and I told my other friend about spyware, he thinks it is a company[/quote]

well TcH they arent u, let them live in a mess of spyware.

And leave cursor mania on school systems, i think having spyware on school systems is good so it pisses tech admins off. (lol i installed nbc 5 weatherbug (the special version of teh bug from nbc 5 chcago) on school systems.[/quote]

The tech dept. isn't aware about spyware
  • The tech dept. for my school system consists of 1 (or so) guy and (unofficially) me. lol
  • LOL i wish i was part of the tech dept. i could really straighten things out.
  • i got told by a admin (we only have 2) to fuck off and i did know what i was saying when i said that the extra toolbars in IE at school were adware and spyware.
    ive been threatened to go to ISS or have my privilages to use the computers at school taken away from me if i do anything. i cant even close popups. that is fucked up. so i dont use the school computers.
  • hacked711 wrote:
    i got told by a admin (we only have 2) to fuck off and i did know what i was saying when i said that the extra toolbars in IE at school were adware and spyware.
    ive been threatened to go to ISS or have my privilages to use the computers at school taken away from me if i do anything. i cant even close popups. that is fucked up. so i dont use the school computers.

wow somewhere where our school system is better than yours lol