What browser do you use?

IanIan
edited June 2004 in Software

Comments

• Mozilla firefox rules!
  • TCPMeta wrote:
    Mozilla firefox rules!

Yeah, as soon as I tried it Ive stopped using IE totally... Sadly, so many people use things like MyIE or Avant Browser, and dont realize that its just a modified version of the security hole ridden Internet Exploiter... errr I mean explorer....

EVERYONE should try FireFox

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
  • fucking ie it crashed on me 20 times now i use opera and never been happier :2gunfire: DAM IE
  • I have Firefox and Mozilla 1.6. I like firefox, But I use mozilla 1.6 more often for some reason.
  • I use FireFox and am a recently converted IE user.

Everyone said not to use Mozilla... so I used FireFox... maybe I'll try it again sometime.
  • THe origional Mozilla runs much slower than FireFox on a modern PC.
  • Im running Mozilla and goosbye IE!

Opera is gay!

Even if you got a slow PC, get an older distro of Mozilla, an old one probly runs on a 100MHz, hell, the new one seems pretty fast
  • I guess if Mental get elected (Or Wapr) IE will disappear RealFastNow(TM).

-Q
  • I said that possesion of IE would become a felony. lmao
  • !!YaY!!

Three cheers for Mental, SSH, and Warp!

-Q
  • No, IE will not be destroyed, A CD-ROM with IE4.0 on it will be given only and exclusively to Tomchu, all Mac users and Bill Gates.
    These people (We call them the "Untouchables") are only allowed to use a spyware and adware loaded WinME pc with their exclusive IE4 on it...
    Other people are not allowed to use IE. (Or your a criminal, like Bin Laden. I think his video's are made with Windows Movie Maker or something)
    Yeah! Vote for me people! :D
  • Well, you see that would be out of my realm. You'd have to speak to the Attorney General about special punishments. I only protect the common people.
  • Ill allow it!

Now another law, Steve Jobbs now have to start using AMD Athlon CPU's and stop charging $5000 for them. The new price will be $800 for a complete G6 with an AMD Athlon-64!
  • Ill allow it!

Now another law, Steve Jobbs now have to start using AMD Athlon CPU's and stop charging $5000 for them. The new price will be $800 for a complete G6 with an AMD Athlon-64!

You're bordering on my turf, Warp. :-) I think that would have to be a collaborative effort between you and I.
  • ACtually, the IBM G5 Processors will be illegal and so will PEntium 4's, leaving all but AMD Athlons's.

AND, I will make it a fellony for Steve Jobbs to charge so much for an Apple, so I have a new law. "Apples must sell below $1,000"

Apple's do suck! I was on an iMac today (new one) Went to the "About this Macintosh" and it was a 700MHz G5 with 128MB RAm, they were new last year, should be at least 1GHz.
  • Apple's 700mhz CPU (made by IBM) is a RISC architecture. It cannot be compared with x86 clockspeed/processors. For example: Adobe Photoshop will run better on a 1.8ghz Apple than a P4-2.6ghz.

And no, I'm not Pro-Apple, I just hate MacOS. IBM cpus are cool, cos they have the IBM logo on it.

Does anybody know the IBM 486 BlueLightning CPU? Those thing were looking really cool
    486_dx2_hs_sml.gif
  • Ya, I'm familiar with that CPU. I had one way back in '96 (I think). I also had an old Cyrix 486DX2-66.
  • IBM CPU's do suck.

My nic on the old forum used to be Blue Lightning, but it wasnt about CPU's, it symbalised OS\2 Power.
  • But I heard the old IBM CPU's ruled.

Im reading and the new IBM CPU's seem better than Intel, I think it may just be either MacOS or the Macintosh Architexture.

IBM is the best
    Thinkpads rock
    OS\2 rocks
    eCS rocks
    CPU's rock
    PC-XT rocks :eek:
  • Thinkpads are pretty good. I have a 760ED. It's from the first class of Pentiums so its 100-200 MHz. It has 2000 and 32 MB Ram (trying to get more) and isn't that bad. It even has MS Office (XP or 97)!

I'm thinking sometime I might get an older PIII Thinkpad for testing purposes. See my laptops are from each side of the spectrum. The ThinkPad has no USB. The Dell has no parallel ports. The ThinkPad has Infared. The Dell has integrated 802.11 wireless. A PIII would have USB and parallel, possibly wireless and infared.

I was considering an older PIII Dell, but for older stuff I think IBM would be better.
  • IBM is known for quality.

And the first PEntiums were 60MHz,66Mhz,75MHz,90Mhz,100Mhz, and so on......but the 60MHz did alot of math errors.
  • I mean its a "Pentium," not a PII or anything like that.

Yea. They say that's why its the Pentium, not the 586 because they added 100 + 486 and got 585.999999998 or something. I guess you have to be older to think that joke is funny. Heh
  • NO, thats becuase it went 386,486,586, ETc., but AMD has the trademark for the name 586.

And there WAS a Pentium 60MHz :-P :-P :-P

And the work PII is another word I hate, so is p 2 or p II or the word meg as you say......
  • Intel didn't copyright 286, 386 and 486. I have a few AMD 386 CPUs that say 386 on it. AMD 80386 66

In lamers terms
    AMD (The company that made it)
    80386 (For short 386 or x86 compatable)
    66 (the speed of the CPU)

Also I have a few 40MHz 386 CPUs.
  • AMD actually called their CPU's am386 / am486 / am586.....
  • Pentium is 586, but AMD used the same x86 numbers. Because you can not have a trademark on a number, Intel decided to name the 586 "pentium", because Pentium means "The fifth"in greek.

A short lesson in CPU history ;)
  • I use FireFox. I'm scared to use IE. Dunno why.
  • As you know, I have 24K dial-up connection :)
    IE6 is very slow. It is extremely buggy. It crashes my system every time I start it. I hate IE!!! And I hate stupid web integration!! I like my Opera7 it is quick and nice. Opera rulezzzz!!!!
  • As you know, I have a 1.5Mbps DSL connection :)

....IE is stable for me, but gay too.... Mozilla FireFox .8 all the way!!!
  • As you know, I have a 3Mbps Cable connection :)

....Firefox rocks for me, IE is gay all the way!!!