What legal Windows do you own?

Comments

• um, win3.1, winnt4, win98, win2k, winxp, win2k3 standard/enterprise, win vista
    got like office and stuff too

legal is overrated but w/e
  • nightice wrote:
    My god.

This thread is 23 months old.

Nearly 24...
  • Lets see.

Windows 3.1 NL
    Windows 3.11 for Workgroups UK
    Windows 95 NL OSR2
    Windows 98 SE
    Windows XP Home
    Windows XP pro
    Windows XP pro /w SP1
    Windows XP pro /w SP2
    Windows 2000 Professional
    Windows 2000 Server
    Windows 2000 Advanced Server
    Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition
    Windows Vista Business CD Edition
    Windows Vista Business DVD Edition
  • 98SE. 2 OEMs, one Compaq, one I don't remember. I LOVED the CoA-on-the-manual part of it. I also have the CoA for a Toshiba copy of 95. The one with the baby and monitor on it.

-Q
  • Windows 98 SE (First Family PC)
    Windows XP Professional (ThinkPad)
    Windows Vista Home Premium (New Family PC)
  • Win95 B:P I have 2 copies that were given to me. But am always on the lookout for proper copies at carboot sales and so forth.
  • Windows 95B
    Windows 98 SE
    Windows NT 4.0 (like 20 licenses)
    Windows 2000 Pro (about 5 licenses)
    Windows 2000 Adv. Server (VLK)
    Windows XP Pro (VLK)
    Windows XP Pro x64 (VLK)
    Windows Server 2003 (VLK)
  • Windows 95 OSR2-OEM
    Windows NT 4.0 server-OEM
    Windows 98SE-OEM
    Windows XP Home sp2-emachines
    Windows ME (somewhere)-OEM
    Windows 2000-Sony
  • Windows 3.1 Disks - sitting on my shelf
    Windows 95 OEM with COA
    Windows 98 FE and SE without COA

My dad owns 2 XP Home, but one of them he has XP Pro on so I use the other XP Home technically.
  • NONE!!! All OS I have (including XP SP2) are Pirate Copy`s (ar$ 5 :) ) or downloaded via BitTorrent :)
    ME <- wasn't too bad.
    xp x2 <- one copy free from school
    vista business <- free from school.
  • Windows 95 Update
    Windows 98 IBM OEM
    Windows xp Home and Pro
    OS/2 Warp version 3
    And some Linux.
  • 95 but i lost the disc lol. I got a compaq and it came with the disc. 98, Xp and vista ultimate are all illegal copies.
    • Windows 95 OSR 2 (or 2.5; I can't remember) - came with our old Pentium 166
    • Windows NT 4.0 - bought a sealed retail copy on eBay a few years ago
    • Windows 98 SE - came with Pentium III
    • Windows XP Home (2 copies) - (1) come with our Pentium 4; (2) OEM copy I bought to install on my Sempron box
    • Windows Vista RC1 (x86) - I suppose beta versions count, since I got it directly from Microsoft
    • Windows Home Server beta 1 - another beta which I got from connect.microsoft.com
    • Windows XP x64 120-day trial - downloaded from microsoft.com
    • Windows Server 2003 180-day trial (x86 and x64 versions) - again, downloaded from microsoft.com
  • Here's a working list

Windows 2x: 2.11/286
    DosShell 5,0, 6.0, 7.0 [in both MS-DOS and PC-DOS]
    Windows 3x: win 3.10, win 3.11, wfw 3.11, wfwao 3.11, win-os2 3.10/3.11
    Windows 9x: OS/R 1, OS/R 2, 98SE, ME
    Windows NT: NT, 2k, xp-home, xp-pro, vista-u

DOS-Shell actually runs on Windows 3.0 standard mode, as a single-run application: it is the last remenent of the days of Windows as loader.
  • None that are legal. lol. I DID have a 98SE coa once though...
  • Lets see...

Windows 98SE - upgrade CD I got with a laptop
    Windows 2000 - I got with my PIII
    Windows 3.1 - I guess, although technically I didn't buy it, I made copies of the disks onto a CD.
    Windows XP Home Edition - Came with the Dell
  • edited April 2007
    I own MS-DOS 6.22, Windows 3.11 For Workgroups, Windows NT Workstation, Windows XP Pro, Windows XP Home, Windows NT Server Terminal Server Addition, Windows PE (Preinstallation Enviorment) and Windows CE(Windows Mobile)

Also, If you want PE please download the CD image here : http://71.102.240.118:99/website/downlo ... re_opk.iso

- or -

http://downloads.alancf.vze.com/downloa ... re_opk.iso

ShortURL is GREAT!!!
  • :99? That's an interesting port number for HTTP

-Q
  • I now have two legal copies of Windows Vista Home Premium, one on the laptop and one on the Dell.
  • Q wrote:
    :99? That's an interesting port number for HTTP -Q

Wayne Gretzky fan.

Technically my licenses allow me to use all previous editions of Windows since I have a corporate license. In theory I have licenses for all of them. There's no restriction on my downloading anything from M$. The downside is my CD's and DVD's all say in big holograms "not legal without a separate license". Then licenses are issued on paper twice annually as I pay them for what I am using. I have a legal license for Terminal Services and I have Citrix on top of that so... I guess that's (Terminal Services) kind of separate. I had to pay separately anyhow.

I also have a valid legal license to Citrix Metaframe from when M$ licensed the base code of NT 3.51 server to Citrix. It's a different edition of NT server 3.51 licensed by Citrix. Citrix even issued their own service packs for it...

My shops not so large anymore but I'll keep the enterprise licensing until I retire. It's just troublefree and I like being able to use whatever.
  • A separate paper license? I haven't seen those since 95, and they were just CoAs!

-Q
  • Q wrote:
    A separate paper license? I haven't seen those since 95, and they were just CoAs! -Q

It's a corporate license, What they used to call "Select" licensing. I never migrated to "assurance" licensing. I'm not talking about MSDN though I have that too, it's actual enterprise licenses I can migrate from PC to PC etc...

In other words, I have no retail packages for anything. My licenses are issued via paper and if I want an actual CD or DVD I have to call them and get it (it's free for me). The CD's are an entire hologram, impossible to scan the front and they barely photograph because they reflect light at all kinds of weird angles... The blurry text says "UNLICENSED SOFTWARE Illegal without separate license from Microsoft"

I forgot to sign the image, but my desk background remains the same in all the piccys so it's genuine...

CD.jpg
  • Hmm, first time I've seen something actually called "Standard" in distribution logo.

-Q
  • Legal Versions:
    MS-DOS 3 (came with Original XT 8088)
    MS-DOS 6.22 (came with Acer 486)
    Windows 3.1 (came with same Acer 486)
    WFWG 3.11 (thrown out from work and picked up)
    Windows 95 OSR 2.1 (came with Pentium 200MHz)
    Windows 98 FE (came with Pentium III 450MHz)
    Windows ME (came from eBay)
    Windows XP Home (came from computer fair and ran out of activation)
    Windows XP Pro (from officeworks activated once)

A lot of money (sort of) well spent.
  • so.. no one here has a legal version of vista ultimate. (im not suprised looking at the price anyway).
  • I would make a comment about you being one to talk...

-Q
  • anantha92 wrote:
    so.. no one here has a legal version of vista ultimate. (im not suprised looking at the price anyway).
    I plan on it in a few weeks.
  • Q wrote:
    I would make a comment about you being one to talk...

-Q

...?