Creating gradient fills....

edited February 2005 in Software
....first what program would you recommend to do it with?

Second.......Do you have any good links to online tutorials about the program you mentioned above?

Comments

• Adobe Photoshop, its easy, just click on gradient fill and select the colors.
  • or just use word and copy it into paint
  • use gimp or just make it yourself in paint, its not hard, but id still say gimp. hmm, i got an idea now...
  • Or just use Photoshop. :P
  • Gimp for Windows. It is free and legal to download.
  • jcmoor wrote:
    Gimp for Windows. It is free and legal to download.

And?
  • GIMP is nice 1ce you get used to/figure it out.

-Q
  • BOD wrote:
    jcmoor wrote:
    Gimp for Windows. It is free and legal to download.

And?
    You don't have to look as hard for it....
  • Maybe, but photoshop isnt THAT hard to find
  • This have anything to do with your new avatar?

-Q
  • Not really, thats my fish (y) i got in a cereal box a while ago and lost it. i just found it :)
  • O. I think I've got the same Fish, it's ontopof BlacIII!

-Q
  • This fish squirts water
  • Mine doesn't, it's just some fabric thing.

-Q
  • His looks like it is made of rubber/plastic.
  • He is. I should take a proper picture
  • hacked711 wrote:
    ...paint.

how do you make it in Paint?

and I've tryed GIMP, but i found it impossible to use, just like all X based things (DIS!)

I am going to try photoshop now.....TRIAL TIME! Then d o w n l o a d time if i like it.
  • Just use Photoshop, Babb... You're making yourself work more if you want to do it in Paint.
  • damn...that was easy...cool!

I LOVE PHOTOSHOP NOW! Just like i like Dreamweaver Now too.
  • (fail)

IMO Dreamweaver is worse than FP.
  • The keyword there is "In my Opinion".

Now back it up. :P
  • To tell you the truth I'm not too fond of any type of WYSIWYG editor. I liked to use Frontpage because it had a nice preveiw pane for me to look at my html in less than 5 secs. However, I DONT use Frontpage's graphical designer. It uses invalid code!!! I *hate* invalid html.... But when I used Dreamweaver it took forever to load, had a lot more configuring to do than Frontpage, had WAYYY to many features (took a while to get through all of the tips) but it seemed to have much better code -- definately compared to Frontpage.
  • i use dreamweaver on my site, but only for a preview, i did 90% of all my code by hand along with some help from a bunch of people (just getting the fonts were a pain in the ass then i found the option in dreamwearver... LMAO!!)
  • Ah, so it's all about ease of use.

I use Dreamweaver basicly for better code. It doesn't seem to be that hard to use though.
  • I used Notepad, but then again I've never done ANY sort of site beyond simple indexpages and edits to existing ones.

-Q
  • who designs/ed winworld then?
  • KDog did it the original, and he did a decent enough job that the rest of us (Staff) can easily make the needed changes (~98% of the time VERY minor).

-Q
  • he did those logos too? because that would take the most time.
  • He did I think almost all of the logos, some of the navbar ones might've come from my ico collection.

-Q