Creating gradient fills....

2»

Comments

• I use Adobe GoLive at school... works well, only done one assignment so far.
  • i use frontpage for inline frames, and then i use dreamweaver for the rest, and i also have been writting some code by hand too.
  • I could use raw code, but I just typically use FrontPage 2003, then clean it up and make sure its W3C valid since I'm lazy.
    I prefer Adobe Photoshop over other ones like GIMP and Paint Shop Pro.

~Duff
  • Ridgeback, Dreamweaver doesnt take ages to load, it loads for me in like 3 secs, however when i used my laptop it would take ages.

theres the problem
  • It takes longer for me.

Why use Dreamweaver when all that I need from a WYSIWYG editor is the preview pane. Frontpage loads almost instantly plus, has a fast preview pane.

Thats all I need. Not some fancy editor like Dreamweaver.....
  • and also dreamweaver also takes a little long with things.. FP has alot of things ready for you... some templates for you to use etc. Dreamweaver does have more control over the site than FP (i think)
  • I use FP, then clean up with Notepad. My site used to be all Notepad... until I went lazy.
  • well the fonts on my site use dreamweaver but i handcoded the rest. eventually ill get to making graphic menus and add the long awaited content.(my wtf gallery)
  • Your website is like 100% ACSII with no tables. That should be simple to do in notepad.
  • well of course it is, i havent learned how to do that yet.
  • Tables are probably one of the easiest things to do in HTML and probably the most handy thngs to use.
  • <table>
    <tr>
    <td>
    I wonder if tables work in phpbb
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>

I think that is how it goes....
  • You don't need to have an ending tag for the table cell.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Steve wrote:
    You don't need to have an ending tag for the table cell.

I am looking at a table generated by phpBB...apparently you do:
    &lt;table width="100%" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2" border="0"&gt;
      &lt;tr&gt;
    	&lt;td align="left" valign="bottom" colspan="2"&gt;&lt;a class="maintitle" href="viewtopic.php?t=3371&amp;start=25&amp;postdays=0&amp;postorder=asc&amp;highlight="&gt;Creating gradient fills....&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
    	  &lt;span class="gensmall"&gt;&lt;b&gt;Goto page  &lt;a href="viewtopic.php?t=3371&amp;postdays=0&amp;postorder=asc&amp;start=0"&gt;Previous&lt;/a&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;a href="viewtopic.php?t=3371&amp;postdays=0&amp;postorder=asc&amp;start=0"&gt;1&lt;/a&gt;, &lt;b&gt;2&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/b&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
    	  &nbsp; &lt;/span&gt;&lt;/td&gt;

&lt;/tr&gt;
    &lt;/table&gt;

What does the <span> tag do?

Yes...i am a newbie in html.
  • Its like an advanced <font></font> tag....
  • Steve wrote:
    You don't need to have an ending tag for the table cell.

LOL (fail)

and you were complaining about FP?
  • A tag that changes text, and can use CSS.

Advanced <font></font> tag.
  • Tomchu wrote:
    Applies something to the length of text that is surrounded by the span.

Example:

This is a <span style="font-weight: bold;">piece of bolded</span> text.

It'll look like this in your browser:

This is a piece of bolded text.
  • I didn't mean it as TEXT specific. I was just saying text to keep it on subject.
  • I said it was LIKE an advanced font tag.
    resembling or similar; having the same or some of the same characteristics; often used in combination; "suits of like design"; "a limited circle of like minds"; "members of the cat family have like dispositions"; "as like as two peas in a pod"; "doglike devotion"; "a dreamlike quality"
    www.cogsci.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/webwn
    And besides I have only used it on text anyhow :P