Windows 95, 98, or ME

2»

Comments

• it is like in every school i have been to, there have been teacherws with Macs! And the hard thing, many of them dont know how top turn them on, they leave them on 24/7
  • my teacher left his on 24/7 and he has screenburn on his monitor LOL
  • LOL! I never seen Screenburn- BTW is that when a ghost of an image sticks to the monitor?
  • I saw it on a TV used for a security camera. The date stamp area was burnt in.
  • I got a monitor thats starting to get it.

Theres slighly grey blotchs, but you cant notive them
  • WTF? I wanna see a screenburn!
  • Screenburn is when you have an image that's displayed on a monitor for too long (Several weeks or more these days, less for older monitors). When you change the image the old image is left on this screen, the degree of clarity of the image is dependant on the length and intensity of the burn: It can be anything from barely noticable to completely intolerable.

-Q

PS. That 2000*1536 monitor that I was bragging about has a mild to moderate case of it.
  • Q wrote:
    Screenburn is when you have an image that's displayed on a monitor for too long (Several weeks or more these days, less for older monitors). When you change the image the old image is left on this screen, the degree of clarity of the image is dependant on the length and intensity of the burn: It can be anything from barely noticable to completely intolerable.

-Q

PS. That 2000*1536 monitor that I was bragging about has a mild to moderate case of it.

A monitor at school has a 9x login screen burned on, with domain field.

and a dude i know has a qvc logo burned on his tv. probly watching for cheap krap to buy for his gf.
  • "Screensavers" were origionally meant to prevent that, by constantly changing the image on the screen to brevent it burning in. But modern monitors are MUCH more resistant to screenburn then the old ones.

-Q
  • Yea. Now screensavers are more just for fun!
  • Yea. Now screensavers are more just for fun!

Hmmmm, maby i should change mine, ive used the starfield screensaver since win 3.1 and havent ever changed it.
  • I always though screensavers were made to keep a monitor's tube going with the darker images
  • The idea of ME was for the new millenium, ME targeted home users, and 2000 for businesses.
  • More like 2000 for smart people
  • MS SO should've kept going with Neptune.

-Q
  • I have experenced screenburn on a TV before, it had a picture of the Nickelodeon Logo on it (i guess my cousin watches it alot)
  • http://rinkworks.com/stupid/cs_savers.shtml - 9th one down is the CLASSIC screenburn/screensaver story.

-Q
  • LOL! This site is the funniest!

With people not knowing what a screensaver does!

That site is sooo funny Q!

LMAO!
  • Goto the indexfiles and look around there, and don't forget http://rinkworks.com/said.

"Hey you! Open the window, let the Air Force come in!"

-Q
  • Ok. I understand what a screenburn is now.
  • i use windows 98se on my armada 1700 laptop its pentium 2 , 233mhz,2.1 gb hd , 32 megs ram , and it runs fast even faster since i converted it too FAT 32 but id love winnt4.0 but alas it doesnt use direct x :(
  • Oh, what a good poll! I voted for 95 all versions... I like 95 more than all 9x'es...