Your favorite Apps.

RNRN
edited June 2004 in Software
Just name some of your favorite applications here. It would be interesting to know what you like to use! :)

Comments

• Anyone?

I'll start it then. My favorite application is Mozilla Firefox.
  • PuTTY - Its a hellof a lot better then Telnet and SecureCRT also it's a small program.

WINE - A great emulator for Linux that lets you run most wintel based programs.

CYGWIN - A lot like WINE but for windows and lets you run UNIX based tools from GNU.

Counter-Strike 1.6 - Probly the best FPS game to hit the market since Quake2 but we all know DOOM3 will beat CS out of the water.
  • Yay! Someone posted. Yeah I also like CS. Its addicting, even though there are already a lot of FPS out there that can kick its ass.
  • ZZT - Best DOSCII game ever! AND you can make your own easily!

-Q
  • Was ZZT a DOS Text Game thing?
  • Yea, it '0wn3z' as ppl like to say these days.

-Q
  • ABYSS WEB SERVER!!1

Oh and DarkAIM Beta 1
  • LOL.

Office 2000(kinda the best one out there)
    Mozilla(anyone wann beat that...I didnt think so :-) )
    WinAMP 2.91 (3.0 is also good, never tried 5.0 yet)
    Nero 5.5.8 (Not my favorit, but I use it anway, mainly becuase of WAV editor)
    Windows calculator (haha, joking, but really, who makes a better calc than M$. Thats what my 486 is good for! a big ass calculator with M$ calc!
  • !!!NOTEPAD!!!

-Q
  • Even better, NOTEPAD+
  • oh yeah, I got the best technology! WORDPAD!
  • LOL.

Windows calculator (haha, joking, but really, who makes a better calc than M$. Thats what my 486 is good for! a big ass calculator with M$ calc!

I think my Texas Instruments TI-83 is a lot better than windows calc.

I use Nero 6.3, Moz 1.6 with tabbrowser extensions, MSN6.2, and OS/2 warp 4.

I still like Midtown Madness 2. I love to take a bad ass downloaded car and just cruise through a city with my Force Feedback Wheel.
  • LOL.

I think my Texas Instruments TI-83 is a lot better than windows calc.

I use Nero 6.3, Moz 1.6 with tabbrowser extensions, MSN6.2, and OS/2 warp 4.

I still like Midtown Madness 2. I love to take a bad ass downloaded car and just cruise through a city with my Force Feedback Wheel.

I have MM2! I was trying to find the CD last night... I'll have top lay it later.

And I have (or had) a TI Graphing Calculator Emulator on my Pocket PC.
  • .....suck my TI-83 PLUS!
  • FishNET650 wrote:
    .....suck my TI-83 PLUS!

I'd rather not. :eek:
  • My HP 48G kicks your TIs asses from here to Parker Center! RPN RULEZ!!

-Q
  • LOL! My TI83+ OWNZ!!
  • It does NOT TIs are fuqued! HPs rule! The elite of HPs shall rule over the TI encumbered masses!!!

-Q
  • I have a scientific HP! No Nothing and I had the same calculator! They are so great!

Ours even have faceplates! It sucks when people just have a one line display. You can't do shit with those!

THe HP's are very cool.

I've never trusted TI. My dad's from Texas, but c'mon, a Texan Calculator?

I'll get the model number later.
  • A 'scientific calc'? Does it graph?

-Q

PS. You have RPN YaY!
  • I don't have a graphing calculator... :(
    Hey, as long as it is a calculator, I'm fine with it.
  • TI-83+ GRAPHS!!!!
  • Hey as long as you can punch in stuff and get the answer and shows the work it's in my book.
  • But what if you need to graph...
  • Then do it by hand and mind.
  • Takes too long..

ANOTHER APP: SETI@home!
  • What exactly is SETI@home?
  • The worlds crapyest worthless program ever made. Its made to find aliens lol.
  • seti@home.png

TCP just doesnt like it cause theres no way he can catch up to my status on SETI@home... (bounce)
  • I use MD5Crk! Soon the WORLD will be FREE of Message Digests!

-Q