Hurst Un-Limited Shutdown - Major Health Problems

edited April 2005 in Software
the 9 computers in my room generate a gigantic magnetic field, and apparently its the cause of all my recent health problems, because i've ahd computers next to me for the last five years

becasue of this, i've shut down hurstunlimited.com, i put this on here just in case anyone was worried, i'm really sorry for the inconvienience but there rwally is nothing else i can do

if anyone needs to talk to me, email me at hurstunlimited@gmail.com

Comments

• It's like I told you Jamie... It's completely understandable and I hope you do get better. We wish you the best also.
  • Radiation that monitors emit can't be helping either...
  • Dude, I feel reallllly sorry for you, it's all fine, we completely understand ;)
  • well, he's selling all his pcs and macs... if you ever see him online, tell him you want to buy one. :-P He's doing this so he can get one even better pc for himself.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Tomchu wrote:
    I call bullshit.
    What's bullshit, Tom? It's not nice nor is it funny to make fun of someone's health problems... You really should not start something here, Tom... We understand the situation, and we fully support his reasons.
  • Computers don't generate that much of a magnetic field, if they do then why isn't every IT teacher presenting these symptoms?
  • Yea really, bullshit. Ive heavily used computer for how many years now? Many? I've never had problems from that. Plus theres natural radiation everywhere, and even more caused by radio wave use... its clearly bullshit... maybe your parents told the doctors to tell you that so that they could save on the power bill or something - but its definately not true.
  • I'm not taking any sides on this, but I'll post the convo me and Jamie had...
    JT [Trainer4]: what happened? the site went out
    Hurst Un-Limited: i've had to shut down the server indefinitely
    Hurst Un-Limited: i've just realised something very important
    JT [Trainer4]: what?
    Hurst Un-Limited: the 9 computers in my room generate a gigantic magnetic field, and apparently its the cause of all my recent health problems, because i've ahd computers next to me for the last five years
    Hurst Un-Limited: i'm killing myself because of this
    JT [Trainer4]: oh
    Hurst Un-Limited: i'm really sorry, i have a cd backup of the website and the SQL tables so if you need something, i will be on occassionally
    JT [Trainer4]: ok
    ... I CHANGE MY STATUS ...
    JT [Trainer4]: I completely understand
    Hurst Un-Limited: thanks
    Hurst Un-Limited: i'm really sorry
    JT [Trainer4]: that's fine
    JT [Trainer4]: so you were just at the doctor's or something?
    Hurst Un-Limited: no, but we just realised that the magnetic filed was causing problems with the satellite, and we read up on the internet on what EMFs do to electronic equipment, and found that it causes major health problems, including all the things that have been wrong with me over the past few months
    JT [Trainer4]: oh, ok... fair enough
  • Roger (7:44:49 PM): Its probably his parents that are making him shutdown

I'm with Roger on this... his parents noticed the electric bill and told him he has to turn the computers off...

OR... hes in trouble and his punishment is no computers lololololol

electro-magnetic waves are *all around you* every day, all day, because the earth IS a giant magnet... its now the north and south poles work...

ive been around computers for an extremely long time that run 24/7.. along with TVs and cell phones, and so far have developed ZERO PROBLEMS.

The story just doesnt check out.
  • i think all that BS can effect other electronics in some way I THINK, but i know they cant hurt humans, radiation from a monitor maybe...
  • radiation is the only thing, but i doubt theres that much, what problems has he had?

as far as i know magnets are supposed to be good, they like circulate the iron in your blood...

it does seem a bit wierd...
  • Roger (7:44:49 PM): Its probably his parents that are making him shutdown

I'm with Roger on this... his parents noticed the electric bill and told him he has to turn the computers off...

OR... hes in trouble and his punishment is no computers lololololol

electro-magnetic waves are *all around you* every day, all day, because the earth IS a giant magnet... its now the north and south poles work...

ive been around computers for an extremely long time that run 24/7.. along with TVs and cell phones, and so far have developed ZERO PROBLEMS.

The story just doesnt check out.

This whole thing is bullshit, as previously stated.

At least my parents would say "try to use less electricity" or something, and not come up with a retarded excuse like this, unless this whole thing is for somethng else.

I've been using computers, TVs, amongst many other things since I was 9 years old, and for the past 2-3 years I've been surrounded by running computers 24/7. Not to mention for the past year, a (high radiation) cell phone. And based on what I've heard, the younger you are, the more 'radiation' can penetrate into your brain. I've yet to have any problems.

Radiation (some types) = affects you.
    Magnets = don't affect you

But the magnetic thing = bullshit.
  • Since completeling my server and using it alot, our electricity bill has gone down O_o
  • According to my parents and the bills, since I've started having 2 computers running constantly, the power bill has gone up by like $50. Not to mention NS Power is hiking rates. I also leave the TV on whenever I'm in my room (even if I'm not watching it, I like the TV CRT illumination.)
  • The magnetic field didn't actually come from the computers as I first said, it came from the 22 plugs that were all jammed into one wall socket and causing huge power problems for the whole house. I tried turning on the socket once, and I actually heard a power surge, and it completely destroyed a set of speakers, it was that bad. So it is actually my fault, because I had such a stupid power arrangement in my room. If I got more computers, I would make sure that I changed the layout just a teensy bit. So it isn't bullshit.
  • Duff wrote:
    Radiation (some types) = affects you.

All do, there's only 3 types, Alpha, Beta, and Gamma, they all affect you to a degree
  • [chant]B-S! B-S! B-S! B-S![/chant]
  • Well yes, but gamma is the most dangerous.
  • No, I'm agreeing with most of the people in this thread and calling BS on his radiation claim.
  • nightice wrote:
    [chant]B-S! B-S! B-S! B-S![/chant]

You rang?

kidding, i know what you mean but thats the confusing part about some people using BS as shorthand for BlueSun

anywho... the 22 plugs in your room are causing health problems?

:?
  • Electrical problems, possibly...but not health problems.
  • Duff wrote:
    Well yes, but gamma is the most dangerous.

Acutally no, gamma just passes straight throuhg us, its the other two that our body stops or slows down that will damage you more short term
  • BOD wrote:
    Duff wrote:
    Well yes, but gamma is the most dangerous.

Acutally no, gamma just passes straight throuhg us, its the other two that our body stops or slows down that will damage you more short term

Yup, if ALPHA or BETA radiation gets in to you, class yourself dead matey.
    Gamma goes straight through you and can only be stopped by lead.

I'm learning about this stuff at school.
  • No, Lead only slows it down, it doesn't stop it completely.
  • If magnetic fields can cause health problems, I should be dead by now, I'm constantly in between 12 heavy speaker magnets, and usinng my computers at the smae time. I'd say: Go outside, see the sun (that huge yellow pixel in the sky that logs off at night), and get some fresh air.
  • That huge yellow pixel is logging off later and later every night now, stupid son of a ...

Anyway, it logs back on really early too now. It wakes me up, so on Sunday, when I need to be up early, theres no problems :D

I can't get up when my alarm clocks go off- I need like 5 or 6 to get up on time (fail)