Classic vs. New Start Menu

13»

Comments

• Dude, my mouse = $14.99 or something... Black MS Optical USB.
  • ka0s wrote:
    Dude, my mouse = $14.99 or something... Black MS Optical USB.
    Same price as mine. Logitech optical USB.
  • Nobody cares about the "Mighty Mouse".

My Logitech mx610 notifies me when I get email/IMs, I doubt the "Mighty Mouse" can.
  • Actually, there is a Logitech desktop set that I plan on getting for my Windorz PC.
  • I have some cheap ass IBM optical wired mouse i stole on my mac. Works just fine.
  • I've got a Kensington serial trackball. I forget what it cost, it was so long ago, it didn't cost "me" anything.

-Q
  • Mine is an HP Black Optical, wired. Cost about $14-16

I once spent $0.25 on a scroll mouse, not optical though, but still a damn good mouse actually. I use it on my PIII.

$50 on a mouse? forget it.

I wouldn't spend more than $20 on a mouse or keyboard.
  • Windows Classic menus, though I rarely go in there, I group icons on my desktop in folders old style. This allows me to drag and copy said icons to specific project folders such that the last documents or source code I am working on within that project opens when I open the applications from the project folder.

So there are many place to launch an app from, but launching from a project folder opens the docs or source for that project.

I like classic, Windows 95 style with no HTML extras.or any other junk. I like nice images for the desktop though. Standard colours for me.

I added a reg hack so I can drop to the command prompt from anywhere with a right click menu option.

Guess I like it old fashioned, I got used to working that way. C:\ FTW

As to the mouse debate,,, if it's worth 50 bucks it better be made out of solid silver or fly around and catch flies when the computer is idle.
  • I used to install that Command Prompt Here hack, but now that it's now no longer "Documents and Settings" I'll just run Command from the Run box and change directories from there.

-Q
  • Apple doesn't have *shit* on anything Logitech makes.

Plus I bet the mighty mouse still has that retarded ass shape that doesn't fit *anyone's* hand.
  • You mean the hockey puck? They dropped that one fast.

-Q
  • Yeah now it's some faggy oval.

Only people like shellfish would spend $70 on a mouse that doesn't fit your hand because it has an apple on it.