Post Your VM`s

Comments

• I posted mine. Let me get a screenshot of my System 7.5.5 (I also have 7.0.1 and 8.1 with a defective 7.6.1).

-Q
  • OK, I used in the past OS 7.6.1 and then installed OS9 in S/S. :), but 7.6.1 worked well for me :) PLEASE POST THE SCREENSHOT!! :)
  • http://wwsvr.bounceme.net/System755.png

I trashed the System 7.6.1 disk image. I will recreate it later.

-Q
  • Apart from Virtual PC, I don't have any emulators.

And I don't even have any Virtual machines installed anymore.

I did have an XP pro virtual machine, a 2000 one and a 98 one, but then I got actuall computers that ran all of those, and much better than Virtual PC could. so I deleted the machines.

I also used to have PearPC and had OS X installed on it, but that lasted a week at most before I ran screaming back to Windows. In all the frustration I had with PearPC and OS X, I kicked the computer so hard that I broke off the front plastic part

I also used to have a spectrum emulator, I even had a few games for it, but the emulator was a stupid trial version and I couldn't find any cracks for it, so I deleted it and never found a better one
  • BlueSun wrote:
    the emulator was a stupid trial version and I couldn't find any cracks for it, so I deleted it and never found a better one

ZX32?

-Q
  • Probably, I need to find another one
  • Use it!

-Q
  • I used these for testing, one VM was the DNS, the other was the DC. I first installed the DNS, and then I installed the DC. Both machines run Win2k3 Enterprise Ed. with 384mb each. The next step was adding a second domain controller and a second DNS server with a separate child domain in the same forest. There was one Windows XP workstation in the domain.

virtualpc.JPG
  • Ahh, I notice that system temperature thing (MBM 5?) in your systray however.

-Q
  • Q wrote:
    http://wwsvr.bounceme.net/System755.png

I trashed the System 7.6.1 disk image. I will recreate it later.

-Q
    :) Nice Mac!!! Is ShapeShifter or Basilisk II????

ok, it`s nice (I`ve an disk image of 1gb for the Mac OS9 :))
  • It's BasiliskII for Windows NT. By far one of the best emulators I've seen; I'm going to go play "Pirates!" on it now! I'll probably get stuck in Port Royal again.

BTW, this belongs in Talk > Apps.

-Q

PS. BS: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/9932/
  • Q wrote:
    It's BasiliskII for Windows NT. By far one of the best emulators I've seen; I'm going to go play "Pirates!" on it now! I'll probably get stuck in Port Royal again.

BTW, this belongs in Talk > Apps.

-Q

PS. BS: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/9932/
    Yes I think it`s the BEST and STABLE mac-classic models emulator in the WHOLE WEB!!!

IF BII SUPPORTS OS9, I will use it and drop the unstable SheepShaver :)
  • No, it only supports up to System 8.1, which was the last system to run on a 68K machine (Or emulator).

You can try PearPC; it's PPC, but I don't know if it will run System 9.

-Q
  • Basilisk II: System 7.1 to 8.1 iirc
    Sheepshaver: System 7.5.3 to 9.0.4 personally i haven't got 7.5.3 - 8.1 going on SheepShaver.
    PearPC: Mac OS X 10.1 to Mac OS X 10.4 and versions of Nix.
  • BasiliskII goes down to System 6 at least, and if you have the correct ROMs, probably down to 0.x if you can get a REAL old ROM ;)

-Q
  • merty wrote:
    PearPC: Mac OS X 10.1 to Mac OS X 10.4 and versions of Nix.
    :?: How did you get working PearPC????? I`ve tested it before SheepShaver, but no good results :(
  • I just used went to http://www.pearpc.net and downloaded the PearPC package which makes the config part of it easier.
    Sure the app is built on Java but it's easy for beginners to make the config file.
  • PearPC works, but form my experience it is REALLY slow. If you want the Old Mac OS, get vMac and a Mac Plus ROM. That will give you MSS to 7.5.5, B2 does 6 to 8.1 and SheepShaver does 7.5.3 to 9.0.4. PearPC does 10 - 10.4 PPC. So far only 9.1 to 9.2.2 are the only not to be emulated sucessfully.
  • Its development also seems to have stalled...

-Q

PS. Wait, how do you emulate System 0.x to 5 then?
  • Possibly mini vmac or vmac i haven't tried though but they seem to emulate the mac plus which goes from system 3.0 to 7.5.5.
  • PearPC is strictly OS X
    Sheepshaver is best for OS 8 and 9
    vMac (dead) and Mini vMac (currently developed) are best for System 0.x-7.6.x

• I prefer the options of BasiliskII, even if it too is dead.

-Q
  • I've got quite a few Virtual Machines running under Virtual PC 2007, and some more under Virtual PC 2004 on my other computer.

vpc07consolesh8.png

It's been a while since I've been on my other machine where I have Virtual PC 2004 installed, so I forget what all OSs I have installed there. :?
  • edited April 2007
    ; ) heheheh if my machine have an 500GB HD... : )

ok, thank you for reviving my topic, beanboy89 : ) : ) : ) : )

And for the rest of members: Please don't let this thread die again..... please post your VM's.......

ALL FORUM MEMBERS INVITED!!!! : )
  • What exactly are you doing there in 2003?

-Q
  • I think he was installing an program or configuring the options of an program :-P
  • Q wrote:
    What exactly are you doing there in 2003?

-Q
    It's the WeatherSTAR 4000 emulator's config screen. I have to run it under Virtual PC since it won't run under Vista (the program won't install if you don.t have the .NET Framework 1.1 installed).

Edit: Here's a bigger screenshot:

star4emuconfigjy4.th.png
  • I just use a vm of DSL for practicing shell scripting (for a class).
  • !

I NEVER thought I'd see those old TWC formats again...

-Q
  • Q wrote:
    !

I NEVER thought I'd see those old TWC formats again...

-Q
    I'm quite a fan of the retro TWC.