Windows Neptune

13»

Comments

• It didn't. I reinstalled 2000 yesterday, and had to download it.
  • edited April 2007
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Windows Messenger is a proprietary instant messaging client included in Microsoft's Windows XP operating system. It is also available for Windows 2000 and Windows Server 2003, but is not included in or supported on Windows Vista.

Edited with reference due to (un)popular request.
  • Hmm, quotation without reference!

-Q
  • IT didn't come with 2000, it had to be installed.
  • What I said:
    alexzarach wrote:
    It didn't. I reinstalled 2000 yesterday, and had to download it.
  • Yes 2000 does not ship with Windows Messenger, the quote simply says that is availble for 2000.

Which is true, I had to use it because the newer versions of MSN won't install on 2000, they want XP. There was probably a way, but frankly, after MSN 6, I didn't want to go any higher than that!

MSN is a horrible instant messenger program in my opinion!

If I need to use MSN to talk to someone, mainly my sister, I will use Windows Messenger

Windows Messenger has very little bloat, I checked its ram usage one time, I don't remember the exact comparision, but I do remember it used far less ram than MSN did.

Plus with Windows Messenger, you avoid the winks and crap like that :P
  • BlueSun wrote:
    Yes 2000 does not ship with Windows Messenger, the quote simply says that is availble for 2000.

Which is true, I had to use it because the newer versions of MSN won't install on 2000, they want XP. There was probably a way, but frankly, after MSN 6, I didn't want to go any higher than that!

MSN is a horrible instant messenger program in my opinion!

If I need to use MSN to talk to someone, mainly my sister, I will use Windows Messenger

Windows Messenger has very little bloat, I checked its ram usage one time, I don't remember the exact comparision, but I do remember it used far less ram than MSN did.

Plus with Windows Messenger, you avoid the winks and crap like that :P

Agree 100% with that. I can't stand MSN Messenger. IMO, Windows Messenger is tons times better.
  • MSN Messenger 2.0 was the one that came with WinME. Look:
    Wikipedia wrote:
    MSN Messenger 2 (2.0.0083)

MSN Messenger 2.0 Before signing in

Released November 16, 1999. Included a rotating advertising banner and the ability to slightly customize the appearance of the chat window. It came as an install option for Windows Me.

And yeah, there was NO MSN/Windows Messenger in 2K.
  • I hated Msn messenger. I said i preffered wlm. I like it because of it's sleek vista like look.
  • anantha92 wrote:
    I don't remeber 95 having a "Classic" style.

Actually it did. 95 shipped with Program Manager on disk, all you needed to do was change system.ini "shell" setting. Think File Manager was there too.

But nobody ever used it since the 95 aspect was cool as hell. It's still cool as hell and that's why we have Windows Classic :p
  • Program manager sucked balls.

I hated it when I used 3.x as a main OS (however many years ago that was) which is why I use calmira on 3.x