Comments

• Another application of BOD's Rule of Scholasticity:
    • "All educational computers are shit"

-Q
  • Q wrote:
    Another application of BOD's Rule of Scholasticity:
    • "All educational computers are shit"

-Q
    Yes, but I'm not necessarily talking about the fact that they're at the school... My mom has the same LCD, a Dell 15", and it sucks just as badly. Even my cheapy HP 15 inch LCD that came with a WalMart HP computer bundle I got at a thanksgiving sale in '05 owns the Dell 15" LCD. tongue.gif

-Kirk
  • I suspect then it's a matter of the fact that the school likes it, hence it must be trash ;)

-Q

PS. In all honesty, I don't know. Dell makes some great stuff and then turns around and makes horrendous trash.
  • Q wrote:
    I suspect then it's a matter of the fact that the school likes it, hence it must be trash ;)

-Q

PS. In all honesty, I don't know. Dell makes some great stuff and then turns around and makes horrendous trash.
    Yeah. I've always liked their desktops, since they do deliver what is promised, a usable system. HP desktops, by contrast, suck. I've never used an HP desktop I've liked. The same is true in inverse for laptops. I have never seen a usable Dell laptop. They all seem to have networking problems, run slow, and have batteries that tend to get recalled more than HP. (All the Dell ones were in the news for awhile, although HP did recall some too.) By contrast, I have two HP laptops, and both are reliable, good systems. Funny how such a major computer company can have such a major weakness, in both cases.

-Kirk
  • The new ones are amazing. After I set up the new Dell, I was amazed at the crispness, and the general construction of the monitor. What I'd expect for a $300 monitor.
  • LG Flatron ez T810SH CRT monitor. Flat screen, not rounded. Running desktop at 1024x768 at 85 hz. and agmes at 1280x1024 at 85hz
  • Why do you run your desktop at 1024x768 if it can handle higher?
  • Probably the same reason I do.

-Q
  • Q wrote:
    Probably the same reason I do.

-Q
    BECAUSE THEY`RE BLIND :):):):):) hehehe....
  • Hey, I made cuadruple-posts because of that joke of "Word Filter" and other that says "Error When Deleting This Post", when I wanted to edit my posts :( , but you know... I joked :):):):)
  • Q wrote:
    I suspect then it's a matter of the fact that the school likes it, hence it must be trash ;)

Gateway.

Nick
  • I have a 20" widescreen LCD (ViewSonic VG2030wm) on this PC. We also have another one on the family PC downstairs. Then we also have a 17" HP LCD display, and an old 15" CRT (circa 1997), which I was using before I got my LCD.
  • BOD wrote:
    LCDs have improved greatly over the years, newer ones don't have those issues.

And college LCDs == suckage

Are yours those retarded AG Neovo things?

(relatively old quote as I was abroad)

No. They were by Hanns G, or something like that.
  • Hmmm! I've heard of them, and not in the "crap" context...

-Q
  • well...now they are
  • I think your institution just got the worst ones they could find in the "Rejection
  • We used to have Tiny crt monitors-like the one I have, mentioned at the front of this thread. They made a very loud buzzing sound when turned on, and suddenly turned off randomly. THEY were awful.
  • FV: It's spelled "quadruple".

AZ: Sounds like that defective (or by the time I got it) Dell that Fish gave me, it would click loud and often enough to dance to it!

-Q
  • I had a dell in primary school which clicked the way you described it.
  • Q wrote:
    I think your institution just got the worst ones they could find in the "Rejection
  • BCC is alright with technology, but they get Dells and then let the Office of Incompetent Technicians "set them up", which involves setting these horrendously nonsensical defaults which aren't even standardized! Also, the printer in the lab runs on a bunch of parallel port connectors to a polling switch, yet the printer is plugged into an Ethernet cable?!

-Q
  • Uhh.. I have a Proview 19" TFT monitor. 1440x900, 60hz
  • UP-ON-CPU, PLEASE resize your avatar - Its taking up half my screen.

Edit: never mind. Fixed
  • Main Computer: 19" HP LCD
    Laptop: 15.4" HP Laptop LCD
    Server: Doesn't Have One
    Old Laptop: 15" Compaq Laptop LCD
    Compaq Persario 5340: 17" Compaq CRT
    Dell OptiPlex GX110: Same As Compaq
    Along with a spare Dell Monitor
  • 2 21" ViewSonic G810 CRTs, 2048x1536 @ 85 Hz :D
    Both on the same ATI 4870 on my main PC but I disable the 2nd for gaming.
  • wtf..same problem on the other theme
  • 8)

looks related to the old bbcode and unicode issues, seeing how it was just...cut of. Itw as from 2007, i ended the quote.
  • I've seen that on several forums running phpBB 2.x. Even forums that didn't have tons of problems.
  • I don't get anything like that on my end. =I

I'll post my monitor specs when I'm at home.