Post your monitor specs

Comments

• Stitch already fixed it, Swifto.
  • Then never mind me.
  • Well for my main system its a mac book but the laptop screen died so I'm stuck with useing my tv and it displays at 1400*1200 at 32bit or some crap like that

my next screen is hooked on my kvm and its a neovo f-419 I got in 06 to replaces a nice big 20'crt that dided, 1280*1024 (set max on all systems) (Except win3.11 tower 800*600)

then my next screen I have is
    a nec m-700 I take it is a 17 inch, it also does 1280*1024 but i have it set to 1024*780 so i can see stuff

then I have a no name 13 inch 800*600 screen and I hate it so much its better at a lower rez, to fill the screen, I never touch it tho

then I have an apple vision 17inch, I neve use it tho as I dont have any macs hooked up that can use the apple vision but its a big rez on it
  • HP w2207 at 1000x600 resolution with ATI Radeon 9600 video card.

Beautiful monitor I must say :)
  • Wow, is that really an external monitor or are you using some netbook?
  • According to the specs, that monitor's native resolution is 1680x1050.
  • 2560x1440, Apple.

I don't know anymore. XD
  • Dell '19 1280 x 1024, but I got my old monitor (don't have it) working at 1620 x 1280 (native: 1280 x 1024)
  • Desktop-Gateway FPD1530, 15", 1024x758, 32-bit color. I don't care about the refresh rate-it is LCD.

Legacy-My EGA: Samsung CD-1452M, 14", 640x350, 16-color. Awesone 9-pin connector.
  • Well, I've got an ViewSonic Graphic Series G810... But it's damn blurry and I'll have to buy a new monitor soon, damn!

It's running @ 1600x1200-60hz refresh rate (At the recommended one, 75hz the thing is SO damn blurry)....

Will post the specs of the new monitor as soon as I get it!! :)
  • 16bit wrote:
    On my machine I use a Dell e771p with a resolution of 1280 x 1024 @ 32-bit color

Me too :) . 17" Dell flat panel. Picked up 5 at a garage sale for $20 each. $100 wasn't a bad deal for 5 LCD's that run at 1280 x 1024.
  • I picked up a Dell 17" LCD at a garage sale as well. Paid $10, which would have been an awesome deal if the back light worked.
  • Just going to point out that the Dell e771p is a CRT monitor, not an LCD.
  • wow revieved old thread.

Well as it is these days I no longer have the HP monitor or Compaq MV400 I listed they went several years ago now.

Currently running on a Targa Visionay 19.1" 1440x900 (bought at Lidl) TFT , I also have a Samsung P2270HD 22" 1920x1080 TV/monitor which I use as a display for working on other machines.
  • Been stuck with the same Dell SE198WFP 19inch monitor I've had for three years now. Still going strong with the accompanying Dell.
  • I have a Dell IN1910Nb 18.5" flat panel, widescreen, 1366x768.
  • Cool... as for those Dell monitors I got at a garage sale, they were all Dell [EDIT: e172fpb - they are 17 inch not 15 inch] monitors - so they weren't CRTs.

Maybe you people think differently, but I would never buy a CRT. They are too easy to pick up for free anyway... and I prefer LCDs because they're easier on my eyes. Don't care how big/ugly CRTs are, just that I have sensitive eyes to light and CRTs with a low refresh rate bug me...
  • And also, one of the e172fpb's I have has two dark spots (about 1 by 1.5 cm) near the right side... it's not horrible - the monitor is still usable - but it drives me insane!

Reason I can't stand it is, it's my fault. When I was hooking it in as a 2nd monitor, I set it down flat on my desk to plug in the cords on the back. And... I forgot my mouse was sitting right where I set it down, and it "dented" that area of the screen. At least it wasn't a $120 monitor...
  • edited December 2010
    GDEA73 wrote:
    Cool... as for those Dell monitors I got at a garage sale, they were all Dell [EDIT: e172fpb - they are 17 inch not 15 inch] monitors - so they weren't CRTs.

Maybe you people think differently, but I would never buy a CRT. They are too easy to pick up for free anyway... and I prefer LCDs because they're easier on my eyes. Don't care how big/ugly CRTs are, just that I have sensitive eyes to light and CRTs with a low refresh rate bug me...

So turn down the brightness and get a CRT that can handle a higher refresh rate?

I wouldn't pay for a CRT either, but they're not completely worthless, unless you get a really nice IPS-Pro panel, because the CRT can more accurately reproduce colors. Not to mention the ability to change resolution without having to stretch the image and make it all blurry, although this is really only an issue with really old games that don't support the native resolution.

EDIT: Whoops, typo.
  • Yes, there are advantages to CRTs... I agree. And they can easily be picked up for free. I generally just use them temporarily though. For web browsing and even gaming, LCD is my general choice. I only use CRTs when I don't have an LCD handy/with me. ;)
  • I prefer CRT's though thats down to durability and survivability from knocks bangs, scrathces, punches etc.

I've see many an LCD abused to death whereas a CRT has kept on ticking.
  • I don't like CRT's because they take up SPACE!!!! Actually I don't like desktops period because they take up space. Laptop ftw.
  • You know I did forget to mention as a con that space is the reaosn why I no longer find a CRT monitor to be a viable option, even my Trinaton telly is taking up a large portion of my corner area on my cabinet.
  • Space and power consumption are definitely the downsides of CRTs...

As for durability, I'm not too sure about that... but then I've not knocked around a CRT and LCD to see which survives.
  • I'll proudly list my monitors :P

1) Main one, 20" LCD Samsung 2053NW blasting @ 1680x1050 native res. and 2ms response rate

2) Netbook, 12.1" Hannstar HSD121PHW1 HD LED Panel, 1366x768 native res.

2) Assorted CRT's used for work:
    Philips 105s5 15" CRT (My old and hated one LOL)
    Samsung SyncMaster 15" CRT (Don't remember the model)
    ViewSonic 21" G810 Graphic Series CRT (Blurred to hell, going to be sold soon!)

And that's the boring video hardware I've LOL
  • FedeArg wrote:

Don't you work at a McDonalds or am I just overestimating your ability?
  • FedeArg wrote:

Don't you work at a McDonalds or am I just overestimating your ability?

LOL. "I used to use that monitor with my Pentium 133MHz, but *now* it helps feed the obese blobs that have inhabited America"
  • Well i have the terminal where the lcd came from, the sad thing is the lcd controller is a hard one to find specs too. And the terminal was fabricated in 1989 i think ??? Even Texas Instruments doesnt remember it ...
    Anybody else?:)
  • My monitors:

LG laptop panel (in my HP laptop) @ 1366x768
    Samsung Syncmaster 794s (desktop) @ 1280x1024
  • My current "fully functional" monitors:

Acer X203H 20" LCD 1600 x 900 (replacement for my Dell E17FP)

IBM E-74 15" CRT 1024 x 768.

finally and please don't laugh at it, you'll hurt her feelings

Digital PCXBV-BP 14" CRT 800 x 600 (can go to 1024 x 768 depending on which system I plug it into). This dinosaur I've had for years, it just won't die. Right now it is sitting on top of my MS-DOS 6.22 - Windows for Network 3.11 system.