Windows 10 is crap!

Comments

• Jesus christ... can't believe it has received this amount of hate. I'm surprised. I thought only its gimmicks and the "spying" were bad enough. Does this make it almost as hated than ME and Vista then? And if I was to forgo Windows 7, I'd do the same as dosbox only if it's possible. I'd go back to XP or even 2000 I have to.

The "best Windows ever", I think not. Microsoft, shame on you.
  • garirry wrote:
    OS X as well. Apple never spied and never will spy on any customers ever. And you have like one update a month.

I've heard otherwise.
  • @DallasCHVN
    Overall, my experience has made me actually go and get myself a Windows XP laptop to use as my main computer instead because this is so bad. Good work, Microsoft.

Or....you could've installed Win8 or Win7 instead of downgrading to a 14 year old operating system
  • dosbox wrote:
    garirry wrote:
    OS X as well. Apple never spied and never will spy on any customers ever. And you have like one update a month.

I've heard otherwise.
    I don't know where you heard that because Apple always committed themselves to privacy (at least much more than Google or Microsoft).
  • Yes, I'm quite sure that they're very committed to keeping the fact that they spy on you private.
  • Oh shit the Apple haters are rising again. :|
  • garirry wrote:
    Oh shit the Apple haters are rising again. :|
    Yes, but we Apple haters are awesome :lol:
  • DallasCHVN wrote:
    garirry wrote:
    Oh shit the Apple haters are rising again. :|
    Yes, but we Apple haters are awesome :lol:
    Yeah, because all our friends say it's cool to hate on Apple, we'll do the same!
  • Not that Stallman is someone to listen to, but this seems relevant: https://stallman.org/apple.html
  • BlueSun wrote:
    Not that Stallman is someone to listen to, but this seems relevant: https://stallman.org/apple.html
    This looks like the most bullshit-full info I've ever heard about Apple. All of it is exaggerated to an extreme point. I can't read this page anymore after I read "I can't sympathize much with those app developers, since they are making proprietary software. They all deserve to fail.".

Not to mention most of the sources are directed to HIS OWN WEBSITE.
  • I also feel I need to mention that this crap proves exactly what Apple haters are. People with unsourced, biased, exaggerated, and irrelevant information trying to fit it all into a pack only to then release this trash onto whoever says anything positive or even mentions Apple. Frankly, I don't know who you are, whether you are a 12-year old CoD player and self-proclaimed "PC Master Race Gamer", whether you are just a fucking retard who trashes Apple because all his friends said so, or whoever else you can be, I don't care, but I am no longer arguing about this topic again. Does Apple do shitty things sometimes? Yes, they do. But probably not more than Microsoft or Google or Facebook or whatever other company exists. If you can't look at a company without getting fucking furious and starting posting pointless hate, not to mention denying all other sources of problems (that would be pessimism, not exactly great but I can at least understand that), then you probably shouldn't have access to the fucking Internet.

Case closed. If I offend you personally, I apologize. This was meant to target haters' attitude, not the people themselves.
  • garirry wrote:
    dosbox wrote:
    garirry wrote:

I've heard otherwise.
    I don't know where you heard that because Apple always committed themselves to privacy (at least much more than Google or Microsoft).

No that is a relevantly new thing in the Tim Cook era. The Steve Jobs era Apple couldn't give a flying fuck about your privacy.

Most of those bullet points on rms' page apply to any other hardware manufacturer or software package today; very little of that is unique to Apple anymore.
  • RMS is also a paranoid nut job stuck in the dark ages that refuses to use any software that isn't open source. The only reason I posted it was because it was one of the first results in my Google search and I thought it was funny.
  • edited October 2015
    stitch wrote:
    The Steve Jobs era Apple couldn't give a flying fuck about your privacy.
    Again I say to all of you, GET LINUX!!! Linux is privacy!
  • DallasCHVN wrote:
    stitch wrote:
    I think you have trouble understanding past tense.
  • Stitch, you have just inspired my next post!
  • DallasCHVN wrote:
    stitch wrote:
    I think you mean Linux is more secure. But either way, Linux is an awesome to use. It also a great idea to learn the Linux/Unix shell commands early so you can be more prepared for: Computer College courses, and a high entry level job.
  • DallasCHVN wrote:
    Stitch, you have just inspired my next post!

And I have just locked it.
  • It's fucking useless to censor "fuck" because when you say "f*ck" everyone fucking knows what the fuck you're saying anyway so there's no fucking point.
  • BlueSun wrote:
    It's fucking useless to censor "fuck" because when you say "f*ck" everyone fucking knows what the fuck you're saying anyway so there's no fucking point.
    WTF?!
  • Lets not bring the discussion from the other thread in to this one. So... umm... get back to bashing Windows 10!! :lol:
  • Well, if you aware about privacy, go with stealer breaker things like Destroy Windows Stealler or not use Windows at all :mrgreen:
  • I love bashing Windows 10!
  • DallasCHVN wrote:
    I love bashing Windows 10!

And making useless posts, apparently.
  • thiekus wrote:
    Well, if you aware about privacy, go with stealer breaker things like Destroy Windows Stealler or not use Windows at all :mrgreen:
    Not using Windows is probably the best option. Unfortunately, I still need Windows
  • DallasCHVN wrote:
    How is that a positive thing? Making fun of/hating something gets tiring VERY quickly. SomeGuy made a joke with his post. As much as I don't like Windows 10, hating on it gets painful.

Although, that reminds me. I really wish Windows was re-written for Unix because it's an absolute mess in its current state.
    DallasCHVN wrote:
    Not using Windows is probably the best option. Unfortunately, I still need Windows
    You could try using OS X or Linux and using a virtualization software for Windows apps. That's what I used when I used my Mac as my main machine, and it was quite good.
  • garirry wrote:
    You could try using OS X or Linux and using a virtualization software for Windows apps. That's what I used when I used my Mac as my main machine, and it was quite good.
    I've tried emulation, but it usually doesn't work right
  • DallasCHVN wrote:
    thiekus wrote:
    Well, if you aware about privacy, go with stealer breaker things like Destroy Windows Stealler or not use Windows at all :mrgreen:

And most commercial software are designed to more support to Windows :roll:
    garirry wrote:
    DallasCHVN wrote:
    How is that a positive thing? Making fun of/hating something gets tiring VERY quickly. SomeGuy made a joke with his post. As much as I don't like Windows 10, hating on it gets painful.

Although, that reminds me. I really wish Windows was re-written for Unix because it's an absolute mess in its current state.
    DallasCHVN wrote:
    DallasCHVN wrote:
    garirry wrote:

If you use Linux, get VMWare Player 7.x, because VMWare Player 12.x onwards lacks essential features such as Unity Mode a.k.a seamless mode. As far I haven't any problem yet to play Windows XP under Ubuntu 14.04. Not testing VMWare Fusion under OS X yet 8)
  • garirry wrote:
    I've been meaning to do this for a while myself, but Fedora refuses to work with my WLAN card so moving back to Linux is nigh impossible for me.
    DallasCHVN wrote:
    But have you tried virtualization? There are solutions for every platform. VirtualBox and VMware Player are the most popular solutions.

e~ I don't think this is classified as ninja'd, but ninja'd anyway.
  • stitch wrote:
    DallasCHVN wrote:
    Stitch, you have just inspired my next post!

And I have just locked it.
    Please check your pm
This discussion has been closed.