Why to people hate Linux??? (Split by Q)

Comments

• My ISP does not allow me to use linux
  • How do they know?

-Q
  • I never heard of an ISP that wont allow a user to use Linux.

:-?
  • Well, what you can get a router or do is this (Requires hardware): Get like 2000, and stick it in a machine with 2 netwk cards. Close ALL the ports on it and lock it down and install ICS. Then hook your real machine to that and go though that. Safe and Crap ISP resistant!

-Q
  • Maybe you have a WinModem which doesnt have linux drivers?
  • No.

Whats the point of WinModems?

They actually make LESS money if Linux users cant use them..

...Well, most Linux users dont use dialup
  • yeah... Linux on dialup... that sucks///
  • seems that only lazy people hate linux.
  • err no. i'm lazy and i dont hate ti
  • speaking of user friendly *cough*xandros*cough*
  • Yea! Xandros! I use that on my PC desktop system ;) I hate XP, it sucks. When i first saw the blue "XP Style" theme the first think that came up in my head was "Damn, this OS must be full of bloatware..." And right i was...

//Mr.Mac
  • Uhhh...yeah

Ever try custum making an install so its the same size as 2000?

Ever try just disabled the default theme

...yeah
  • Ok, on TechTV they were talking about on Screen Savers that by 2009 to 2010 that MS is going to be like Apple. Way over priced software and hardly anyone is going to port software to it. A lot of devlopers are starting to toy around with Unix, BSD and Linux. A lot of video games that have been made for Windows are now also playable on Linux with out using a emulator or Wine. Also they don't have to mess with that dirty DirectX. Quake 3 runs way better in Linux then in Windows. It runs smoother and faster. Linux is completly customizable and thousands of distros that can fit your needs or system. Also you seem to get better FPS (Frames persecond) in video games. I got around 150FPS in Quake3 with I was stuck with 30 to 50FPS in Windows. Also most big linux distros are starting to be very userfriendly. With Fedora you don't have to use the term window to install a RPM anymore. Just double click and it installs. Or if your a diehard Linux user like me you can still use the command line for it like "rpm -i file.rpm"
  • Why custom make XP so it is just as big as 2000? Use 2000 and you dont have to custom anything... (Maby IE...)

//Mr.Mac
  • yeah but XP has some useful features.... it also boots faster
  • I think i should make an entire transition to Linux, but just dual boot my main computer i use.
  • i wanna but i need a pc to test it i dont know shit about linux. i used RH9 once but thats abouyt it
  • When I get the scanner PC I'm gonna stick SuSE on it.

-Q
  • Gonna be able to get drives for the Scanners?
  • Linux has drivers for like EVERYHTING, they're famous for '2 day drivers'.

-Q
  • i was gonna put SUSE on my server but it aint got enough ram...
  • Its the GUI that eats up your RAM. Even the earliest KDE versions eat up 64Mb up very easily.

You gotta use a 3rd party one like Blackbox or just go text mode
  • If it's just a serverer try SME

-Q
  • i would but i dont have enough free space.... and then i gott get to a CD burnr....
  • i think i got a CD of this one laying around...

http://ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributi ... peanut.png
  • WoW, eyecandy to the extreme!

-Q
  • but only a 300MB iso....
  • Man, I wish SUSE has the FUll ISO of their desktop platform. I wanna try it out.

Too bad that Linuxant's drivers cosr $15.
  • they do and its only 1 disk...
  • They DO have a FULL ISO, you buy it.

-Q

PS. Or just mirror the installation tree on the local server, like I do.