Windows NT 3.x NT 3.1 Pre-Release

edited November 2017 in Product Comments

imageWindows NT 3.x NT 3.1 Pre-Release

Read the full story here

Comments

• edited November 2017

How to install on Vbox.
    Create a virtual machine(OS: DOS, RAM:64MB, Space:500MB)
    In V.machine settings on the tab System turn off the upper tick.
    In tab COM-ports tick "Enable Serial Port".
    Installing MS-DOS 7.1, reboot and enable Win-PreNT ISO.
    Navigate to D drive, and type the commands:
    cd setup
    After make an empty diskette file with WinImage. Format. Then type:
    makedisk boot A:
    Then turn off. Add SCSI controller(remove IDE controller), add ISO to Port 0.
    In Attributes of SCSI controller switch from LsiLogic to BusLogic.
    Boot.
    The "Portative loader" menu will open, where you need to choose SCSI controller, in which is our ISO. And then, if you will be lucky, the Graphical Install Mode will launch, which is the easiest.
    (Info may be not correct, as it was badly translated from old-dos.ru website. And sorry for my mistakes in English.)
    Hope that will work(not sure in which ISO-s...)

• You can now install this on 86Box and PCem using a 486 machine, although your keyboard doesn't work.

• Where did this NT 3.1 1991-10 ISO come from? It's different from the one on BetaArchive (different/modern format, different layout, different files), but unlike that one it doesn't want to boot in emulators.

• @DeFacto said:
    Where did this NT 3.1 1991-10 ISO come from? It's different from the one on BetaArchive (different/modern format, different layout, different files), but unlike that one it doesn't want to boot in emulators.

Good to know I'm not the only one having problems with this ISO. Trying to open the graphical installer with the October '91 ISO here gives me a BSOD error on both VirtualBox 5.2 and 86Box, I ended up having to use the text-based installer to install the OS. I did get the graphical installer running with the December '91 ISO on 86Box, though.

• Me and someone else had the same issue in 86Box, but the BA ISO worked fine.