A new logo for winworld! (idea)

Comments

• That is very low priority, there are plenty of other tweaks and improvements that yet need to be made. And none of us are very good at PhotoShop.

But a few thoughts: NO Microsoft logo. This site is much more than Microsoft crap.
    Perhaps a graphic of an IBM Model M keyboard, that we will use to hit anyone over the head if they think this place is Twatter, and won't post more than 140 characters and/or rapidly multiposts.

Personally, I like the imagery of roman columns or pedestals. Those kind of say "museum". Perhaps something with floppy disks or green-screens. I would say pictures of IBM/Mac systems, but the Vetusware forum already kind of does that.

• This is... not very good. Looks like it's been done in only a few minutes. And, I can't help but think the logo always reads as "worlbd". Maybe I can do something, as I've done logo design in the past.

• We are in need a new logo however as SomeGuy said no Microsoft logos or anything trademarked.

That logo in particular does look like something thrown together in a couple minutes. That being said, my graphic design skills aren't much better. So if someone wants to take a crack at designing a new logo, go for it.

Use the ideas SomeGuy mentioned, and have it scalable, SVG would be ideal. We want a logo and icon that can be used everywhere from the main site (dark or light) to Twitter to fav/touch icons.

• I remember a guy on IRC who created a really cool logo a while back. You may want to take a look at that. (Spriteclad, I think.)

• @Duff said:
    We want a logo and icon that can be used everywhere from the main site (dark or light) to Twitter to fav/touch icons.

So, it's the logo and favicon you want? And as for the logo, does the size of it matter?

• Okay, I've done it... three of them in fact, in this zip folder below. Though I did my best, I can however explain the design concepts of them... the first is meant to evoke "museum" like what SomeGuy wanted and the second is meant to be a combo of a floppy and ZIP disk. The third, just something simple loosely based on the favicon of the main site. And just so everyone knows, both a PNG and SVG are in this attached folder, and Duff can choose which seems the best and more effective out of them.

I still have the SVG on my system should I work on any of them again.