Mac OS X 10.3

Comments

• Thank you!! Brought my G4 back from the dead.

• Update on this: you can now run these older OS X releases and betas in QEMU. Even 10.0 can be run without issue. The Developer previews require a special build of it though.

• what should I use for my iMac G3

• Try to find something period appropriate...
    So MacOS 8, 9 and early versions of X will be fine...

• edited March 2018

QEMU-PPC now has sungem networking built in as well as rudimentary audio. Audio can be a bit choppy in some applications still.

• It is recommended to use QEMU instead of PearPC. Why does the page of WinWorldPC Mac OS X says "PearPC Recommend"?

• QEMU can run the internet. PearPC can not be run with the internet.
    • QEMU can install Mac OS 9.1 9.2 and OS X 10.5. PearPC can not install them.
    • PearPC can not install Mac OS X 10.0. But QEMU can always load and run them.
  • @MacInTosh said:
    It is recommended to use QEMU instead of PearPC. Why does the page of WinWorldPC Mac OS X says "PearPC Recommend"?

• QEMU can run the internet. PearPC can not be run with the internet.
    • QEMU can install Mac OS 9.1 9.2 and OS X 10.5. PearPC can not install them.
    • PearPC can not install Mac OS X 10.0. But QEMU can always load and run them.

Also PearPC is very old and not improve.

• 10.4 and 10.5 are becoming abandonware, if so, someone please upload them? (also, can someone upload os x server 10.0 - 10.5?)

• @susone said:
    10.4 and 10.5 are becoming abandonware, if so, someone please upload them? (also, can someone upload os x server 10.0 - 10.5?)

There's a 10.4.6 DVD and 4 CDs of 10.4.0 on MacintoshGarden.

• Good Morning, I have downloaded them, can you let me know how toi install them on my IMAC G4 please. Thanks

• @davidthery59 said:
    Good Morning, I have downloaded them, can you let me know how toi install them on my IMAC G4 please. Thanks

Burn the images using imgburn on Windows or Disk Utility on Mac. Once done, insert CD 1 into the drive of the G4 and boot from it. Swap discs when told to.