Mac OS X 10.3

Comments

• Thank you!! Brought my G4 back from the dead.

• Update on this: you can now run these older OS X releases and betas in QEMU. Even 10.0 can be run without issue. The Developer previews require a special build of it though.

• what should I use for my iMac G3

• Try to find something period appropriate...
    So MacOS 8, 9 and early versions of X will be fine...

• edited March 2018

QEMU-PPC now has sungem networking built in as well as rudimentary audio. Audio can be a bit choppy in some applications still.

• It is recommended to use QEMU instead of PearPC. Why does the page of WinWorldPC Mac OS X says "PearPC Recommend"?

• QEMU can run the internet. PearPC can not be run with the internet.
    • QEMU can install Mac OS 9.1 9.2 and OS X 10.5. PearPC can not install them.
    • PearPC can not install Mac OS X 10.0. But QEMU can always load and run them.
  • @MacInTosh said:
    It is recommended to use QEMU instead of PearPC. Why does the page of WinWorldPC Mac OS X says "PearPC Recommend"?

• QEMU can run the internet. PearPC can not be run with the internet.
    • QEMU can install Mac OS 9.1 9.2 and OS X 10.5. PearPC can not install them.
    • PearPC can not install Mac OS X 10.0. But QEMU can always load and run them.

Also PearPC is very old and not improve.

• 10.4 and 10.5 are becoming abandonware, if so, someone please upload them? (also, can someone upload os x server 10.0 - 10.5?)

• @susone said:
    10.4 and 10.5 are becoming abandonware, if so, someone please upload them? (also, can someone upload os x server 10.0 - 10.5?)

There's a 10.4.6 DVD and 4 CDs of 10.4.0 on MacintoshGarden.