PSP or DS

edited May 2005 in Hardware
Which one would you choose considering price, power, games etc?
Please vote just one time and tell me why you chose it, not just "PSP rulez" or something like that. Thanks!

Comments

• I'd say the DS. Nintendo has had a history of excellent handheld gaming. Not to mention that the games can be more interactive than the PSP.
  • nightice wrote:
    I'd say the DS. Nintendo has had a history of excellent handheld gaming. Not to mention that the games can be more interactive than the PSP.
    Yeah, and maybe you can experience things with the DS you can't on a stationary console or PC. The PSP has extreme graphics, but when you're at home, you'll probably rather play on your PS2. The DS gives you a reason to use it when you're at home; it offers a unique gameplay experience.
  • PSP.
  • P2P has no dead pixel policy, meaning if there are dead pixels on yur P2P, then u dont get yur money back

and im gonna have to say dont get either, because the whole dualscreen thing is retarded

BTW: Wrong Forum, there's one for VIDEO GAMES, ill move it later
  • PSP looks cool.

Please turn off notify on replies...

Could not connect to smtp host : 10060 : A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

DEBUG MODE

Line : 111
    File : c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\winworld\forum\includes\smtp.php

I didn't double post...
  • who cares if it looks cool? what about if it works or not, u'd think that'd care some weight

ps: were not turning it off, instead, dont use shitty mail servers
  • I have a nintendo ds. The first one had a dead pixel, they shipped me a new one in no time. (had to send them the old one first) I've heard the PSP has a button flaw on the button closest to the screen. Because it's so close to the screen it doesn't always register a button press, a defect that was known to sony but mass produced it anyways. I can't confirm this, may just be a rumor.

I do like my nintendo ds although there is only one game for it (Super Mario DS, THERE ARE NO OTHER GAMES FOR DS [no really... if you want to call that other stuff games... at least call them crappy games]) And, it plays GBA games in one screen (you can set which one). One drawback of the DS... it's somewhat heavy. After playing mario for a few hours your thumbs get sore.. and if it's 2 in the morning and your half asleep, it's not fun to have the DS slip from a hand and hit you in the chest with a corner.

As for the PSP, I don't have an attraction to it. Way too expensive. UMD format doesn't suit me. Sure nintendo continued a cartridge format, but one scratch on a UMD and your game is gone. Plus the battery life on the PSP is terribly low.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Tomchu wrote:
    I saw a DS being sold at a flea market. Didn't the just come out? LMAO
    Of course there's people who like DS and people who don't. I'm sure there's some PSPs for sale too.
  • btw, the "DVD"'s the PSP plays aren't actual DVD's , u gotta buy them only for the PSP
  • Mr. C wrote:
    btw, the "DVD"'s the PSP plays aren't actual DVD's , u gotta buy them only for the PSP
    The UMDs are actually small DVDs. True, it isn't real DVD, but the technique behind is DVD. And the quality is very high too. They probably chose this format because:
    1. UMD (DVD technique) discs can store a very large amount of data (1.8GB)
    2. You can't read UMD discs with a computer and there are no burners designed for copying UMD. Lower piracy.
    3. You have to buy more movies and pay more money.
  • Se[BBB]e wrote:
    2. You can't read UMD discs with a computer and there are no burners designed for copying UMD. Lower piracy.

That won't last for long
  • BOD wrote:
    Se[BBB]e wrote:

That won't last for long
    :twisted:
  • Well, PSPs aren't out over here yet, still waiting on them. I have tried the DS and I think it is COOL!
  • Does anyone know which one of them have the best sound (using the built-in speakers)?
  • Um.. the DS is too heavy? You must be a fucking pussy, it weighs nine ounces.
  • Se[BBB]e wrote:
    Mr. C wrote:
    btw, the "DVD"'s the PSP plays aren't actual DVD's , u gotta buy them only for the PSP
    The UMDs are actually small DVDs. True, it isn't real DVD, but the technique behind is DVD. And the quality is very high too. They probably chose this format because:
    1. UMD (DVD technique) discs can store a very large amount of data (1.8GB)
    3. You have to buy more movies and pay more money.
    So your saying they arent DVD's, but they are DVD's, and theyre good because nothign but this can play them so u got to by movies specifically for this, and it helps lower piracy, which is y its good for the comsumer (riite), the quality would be high for other technology too but they didnt use it, and other stuff holds more :P
  • Se[BBB]e wrote:
    BOD wrote:
    Se[BBB]e wrote:

That won't last for long
    :twisted:
    Already broken, you just can't do anything with the cds.
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/05/06 ... d_cracked/