Download Downtime

2»

Comments

• Thanks. Mostly near-end-of-marking-quarter jitters. I've had some difficulty with math this year and know I havent done well this quarter =/ Trigenometry + Logarithms + Bunch of other topics = "New York Math B" = Hell.

• Yea, you would get stuck with the Regents (Reagents) Exam wouldn't you?

-Q
  • Yep =/ I heard last year's wasn't TOO bad, but it's still not an easy course. If you pass the regents you earn a "Regents Diploma with Advanced Designation"

• 512dev wrote:
    Thanks. Mostly near-end-of-marking-quarter jitters. I've had some difficulty with math this year and know I havent done well this quarter =/ Trigenometry + Logarithms + Bunch of other topics = "New York Math B" = Hell.

I found Trignometry and Logarithms to be REALLY easy... For some reason I never really understood basic concepts such as working with high degree polynomials.
  • I thought Regents w/Advanced was only if you passed with like a 90.

-Q
  • No, if you get over a 90 you get a Regents w/Advanced w/Honors.

• What 512dev had to say wasn't exactly "harsh." It's the truth. They are getting the stuff for free, in the time they bitch and whine here, they could have found a torrent, or something already.
  • That's the truth does not, unlike libel cases, prevent it holding any other attributes. Our old friend Tom was notorious for knowing the right answer to everything, and making said answers as harsh and annoying as possible.

-Q
  • Q wrote:
    That's the truth does not, unlike libel cases, prevent it holding any other attributes. Our old friend Tom was notorious for knowing the right answer to everything, and making said answers as harsh and annoying as possible.

-Q

Yet it got the person's attention most of the time.
  • I suspect what got their attention was the grating and hackle-raising attitude of the post, rather then the useful information.

In any case, I absolutely detest unneeded, overbearing, overdone or just gratuitous harshness and or attitudes in posts from anyone (Myself included, when I can detect it (Which is ofcourse the problem)). So many disagreeable results are caused, for such minor positive results.

-Q
  • When will the download server be back up?
  • NONE of us know, unfortunately. The local user who is our "liaison" with the actual administrators of the server has had no news not yet disseminated about the status of the server, so we don't either.

-Q
  • Doug, if you can read what Zimmy has said in his last few posts, he has no idea.
  • The server is now online. Thanks for your patience.
  • I've seen no patience in this thread :|
  • That's because patience is invisible.

-Q
  • Zimmy wrote:
    The server is now online. Thanks for your patience.

That's good news. 50,000 posts of kids whining they can't get their software gets annoying after a while.
  • Torrents for older os's have like 0 seeds anyway. I was torrenting for lkie around 5 months for a 3.11 download until i found this site a couple of years back.
  • Ithink i posted the first MS-DOS 6.20 and Win3.1 torrent :P as I searched for days and never found any and posted it on mininova :P this was a few years back.
  • I can provide you a backup downloads server! Please EMail ME @ dosguy3@nospam_hotmail.com

to email me please remove nospam_
  • As far as I'm aware, the downloads server is now up and running again - and will be for some time.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file