[OFFER] Software/cover art interested?

Hi there,

I have a reasonably sized collection of Microsoft software in their original boxes (some still in shrink wrap) and came across some that I haven't seen on here, unless I've missed it. These include:

MS Space Simulator
MS Flight Simulator 5.0
MS Flight Simulator 5.1
MS Paris & Japan scenery packs for Flight Sim 5.x
MS Windows for Workgroups Add-On (was the Win 3.1 to Wfw 3.11 upgrade)
MS 500 Nations
MS Golf 2.0
MS Dinosaurs
MS Encarta 94, 95, 97 & 99
MS Art Gallery
MS Cinemania 94 & 96
MS Complete Baseball 94
MS Complete Basketball 94/95
MS Dangerous Creatures
MS Dogs
MS Access 2.0 Solutions Pack
MS BackOffice Server 2.0, 4.0, & 4.5
After Dark 4.0
MS Office 95 Professional including Bookshelf 95
MS Publisher 95 CD Deluxe

Would any of this be of interest to anyone?

I was also going to ask if admin would be interested in having alongside the screenshots of the apps, the cover art from the retail boxes? As everyone knows, most software these days can just be download and so I thought it would be worth preserving alongside the apps, and providing insight into new features/system requirements of the day.

Comments

• Hi there,

I have a reasonably sized collection of Microsoft software in their original boxes (some still in shrink wrap) and came across some that I haven't seen on here, unless I've missed it. These include:

MS Space Simulator
    MS Flight Simulator 5.0
    MS Flight Simulator 5.1
    MS Paris & Japan scenery packs for Flight Sim 5.x
    MS Windows for Workgroups Add-On (was the Win 3.1 to Wfw 3.11 upgrade)
    MS 500 Nations
    MS Golf 2.0
    MS Dinosaurs
    MS Encarta 94, 95, 97 & 99
    MS Art Gallery
    MS Cinemania 94 & 96
    MS Complete Baseball 94
    MS Complete Basketball 94/95
    MS Dangerous Creatures
    MS Dogs
    MS Access 2.0 Solutions Pack
    MS BackOffice Server 2.0, 4.0, & 4.5
    After Dark 4.0
    MS Office 95 Professional including Bookshelf 95
    MS Publisher 95 CD Deluxe

Would any of this be of interest to anyone?

I was also going to ask if admin would be interested in having alongside the screenshots of the apps, the cover art from the retail boxes? As everyone knows, most software these days can just be download and so I thought it would be worth preserving alongside the apps, and providing insight into new features/system requirements of the day.
    I have CD covers of a few of those (Encarta mainly), but I think that's a pretty good idea. If you want to upload them, just use the upload button (on the library page) like you're using it to upload software and I'll get around to adding those in while I'm doing screenshots. Oh, and do it as one upload, just title "Box covers".
    If you can, try to get the box only by using a scanner possibly. I want to try to avoid cropping stuff out of the images when I see them.
  • Cover art of boxes and discs would be nice. I was thinking of expanding the screenshots into more of a general media gallery where we could tag things (box - front, control panel, program launcher, etc) similar to how Guidebook has things organized.
  • Moved to Offers & Requests, and subject edited appropriately.

I am all for having any abandonware we don't already have - and I think cover art would be an awesome addition to the game product pages. :)

As stated by our previous administrators, please use the upload page to contribute files to WinWorld. Let us know if you have any questions.
  • I'd be interested as I'm collecting MS Part/Assy numbers written on the boxes, covers and CDs/DVDs to be archived for future use.

However I have plenty of Microsoft CDs I can contribute with. Some of which aren't seen much around. As I understood, basically a single upload ticket for all scans is fine? Any restrictions on scan properties? (300dpi, PNG etc.)
  • Cool, wasn't expecting this sort of response!

I already have scanned a lot of the cover art at 600 DPI in PDF format, so will crop the edges and covert to PNG.

I'll start uploading some of the software then. It's all in IMA and ISO formats.
  • Not having much luck with the Contribute Archive page. I've tried it 3 times either in IE 11 or Firefox 32 and the Contribute Archive button just doesn't do anything after filling out the details.
  • Sorry to hear that you're having issues with the contributions page. I am looking into this for you.

The form doesn't seem to do anything for me either. I am pinging stitch about this now.
  • The tool has been fixed. When I made some javascript async I made jQuery load as such and that prevented that from working properly. Oops.
  • Thanks guys, all working now.

I've done a couple of small floppy based images, and worked. The ISOs I'm uploading will have the extension of ISOX within the ZIP file, as adding ISO files into WinZip was just opening the ISO itself.
  • I've uploaded diskette cover art of "Microsoft Flight Simulator 5.0"