What's Your Phone?

Comments

• Could have sworn admins have to approve guest posts...
    Some douchebag found a way it seems to bypass the queue.
    To publicly shame this person, his ip is 75.142.24.109.
  • A bit of a tangent here, any thoughts on the Sony Xperia devices?
  • Now I can play PS4 on my phone on my roof.

I just need a phone... and a PS4.
  • I'm currently using Huawei G6, although it's more a toy than a phone. It replaced very recently Nokia Lumia 520, and since I'm considering keeping both in action.

I was driven away from the Lumia and WP by the simple fact that most software is available for Android and iOS only. The 520 has very satisfying screen (far more than the G6) and WP rocks the Android 6-0, but what fun is phone if you average less than 15 minutes of calls per month? I have had the Android for... a few weeks maybe? and I still get surprised how easy it actually is to customize it. Thing with WP was, I didn't feel the need to customize anything. I just would have hoped to get the same apps that Android and iOS users have.
  • I've got an iPhone 3G running Whited00r, unlocked on T-Mobile. It's not as bad as it could be, but I really would like something faster/more capable soon. Maybe a Moto X, I dunno.
  • I didn't get a smartphone until my job gave me a blackberry 8830, then 9650, then the small but chunky HTC Evo Shift "4G" (Wimax), then in 2012 I got a Motorola Photon Q, which is essentially a Sprint exclusive version of the Droid 4 with NFC.

Still rocking the Q, while its specs are mediocre and its screen is really quite bad compared to newer phones, I'm holding onto this QWERTY slider as long as I can, I find it useful being able to remote desktop / vnc to various computers and not have to use on screen keyboards.

We may be switching carriers at work soon so I'll probably contemplate the new Moto X, but I'll quite possibly keep this Q around without service just for its usefulness.
  • I am probably the last person on earth still using a flip phone. I am using a cheap Samsung GoPhone I got from Dollar General at the moment.

Though I really dont like the phone, I dont have a reason to spend the money on a smartphone yet and I have to give it credit for durability, all the flip phones I have owned could handle a lot of shit before needing to be replaced.
  • psychobat wrote:
    I am probably the last person on earth still using a flip phone.
    So you're also the last person who looks like he/she is talking to a phone, instead of snuggling with a framed picture. Thumbs up to that.

My last flip phone was Samsung SGH-X160, I still have it and it's still in practically mint condition, despite of it being able to spin like hell on a table and the satisfying sound it makes when slammed shut. I enjoyed flipping it open, but the screen hinge still does its job admirably. It was a good phone, and didn't really become obsolete, it got unjustifyably replaced by Nokia 5610 for the classic reason of "I want a new toy!"
  • tatte wrote:
    psychobat wrote:
    I am probably the last person on earth still using a flip phone.
    So you're also the last person who looks like he/she is talking to a phone, instead of snuggling with a framed picture. Thumbs up to that.

My last flip phone was Samsung SGH-X160, I still have it and it's still in practically mint condition, despite of it being able to spin like hell on a table and the satisfying sound it makes when slammed shut. I enjoyed flipping it open, but the screen hinge still does its job admirably. It was a good phone, and didn't really become obsolete, it got unjustifyably replaced by Nokia 5610 for the classic reason of "I want a new toy!"

Before I had my iPhone 4S about 1 year and a half ago, I ended up having a TracFone. Its basically about the cheapest flip-phone you can buy. Period. I cannot tell you how many times it would give me errors because "No SIM card detected", or that "The SIM is invalid."
  • Before I had my iPhone 4S about 1 year and a half ago, I ended up having a TracFone. Its basically about the cheapest flip-phone you can buy. Period. I cannot tell you how many times it would give me errors because "No SIM card detected", or that "The SIM is invalid."

Though I don't encounter SIM card problems, the AT&T prepaid plan I currently have for some reason likes to delay me from receving texts. Sometimes, it takes a whole week for me to recieve a text from someone that I should of received right away. The phone itself is decent, but my plan/carrier is most of the reason why I don't like the phone.
  • Before I had my iPhone 4S about 1 year and a half ago, I ended up having a TracFone. Its basically about the cheapest flip-phone you can buy. Period. I cannot tell you how many times it would give me errors because "No SIM card detected", or that "The SIM is invalid."

A couple years ago, I had a TracFone and I never had any issues with it.
  • I used to have TracFone as well. It worked as a basic phone for a little while, but I do recall having some issues with it. I remember throwing it against a wall once out of frustration, but I can't remember why specifically.

I only had it for a few months, maybe a year before I dumped it for a flip phone from Verizon.
  • I just got a LG MS770 Motion. It was second hand and I don't have a service plan for it. I use it as a mini tablet and use Google Voice.
  • Now I have an iPhone 5s. iPhone 3g just a *little* too sluggish.

3g will be kept around as a spare. Going to miss iOS 5.
  • HTC 8s but getting a Samsung Galaxy s5 when my contracts up
  • Nokia C2-01. Best phone you could ever want, had it for about 2 years now.

It does the two things phones were designed for - ringing and texting on the go! It also has E-Mail, but I never use it because it costs a fortune on pay-as-you-go Orange, and signal in Wales is terrible - almost as bad as the broadband.

I wouldn't look at a Smartphone, I wouldn't want one and I never really use my Nokia anyway.
  • Bvcx3 wrote:
    Nokia C2-01. Best phone you could ever want, had it for about 2 years now.

It does the two things phones were designed for - ringing and texting on the go! It also has E-Mail, but I never use it because it costs a fortune on pay-as-you-go Orange, and signal in Wales is terrible - almost as bad as the broadband.

I wouldn't look at a Smartphone, I wouldn't want one and I never really use my Nokia anyway.

A phone that I think would be nice to have just to collect, would probably be the DynaTac.
  • I have a iPhone 4 (iOS 7) and a Samsung Galaxy Y (Android).
  • stitch wrote:
    iPhone 4S. I don't really care too much for the modern offerings and all this flat UI crap. Plus the 4S still handles the very few tasks I need from a phone.
    4S is good. I have an iPhone 4 32GB
  • I own a Moto G 1st generation. It's easily one of the best phones for its price, and it does everything I would ever need from a smartphone. I found that I like Android more than iOS when I used it on my previous iPod Touch before I actually got this phone. It's weird how I don't even own it for a year and it already has a 3rd generation that got released.
  • I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S5. Rooted it so that I could edit a system file that lets me actually write data to the SD card without needing to be connected to another computer.
  • Droid Turbo. I've gotten used to it now, but it's not that good. Lack of notification LED annoys me, lack of SD card slot annoys me. Has terrible connectivity, although, the recent update to lollipop has resolved some of that.

Definitely wish I would have gone with something else, but not sure what.
  • I currently have 2 phones, A Nokia Lumia 710, and a Samsung Gravity SGH-T669, Both are pretty old and none of them are used as actual phones, I use the Nokia as a camcorder and the Samsung for other stuff.
  • I've been through so many:

First ever phone: Nokia 6110 Navigator (2007) - Fate: Dropped on school camp, still functional but lots of dead pixels.
    Next: HTC Touch Pro II running Windows Mobile 6.1-6.5 (2007) - Fate: I still have it sitting on a shelf somewhere
    Next: iPhone 4 - Fate: Sold
    Next: Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Android 4.0-4.3) - Fate: Cracked, but still perfectly operational. Used as backup phone.
    Next: Nokia Lumia 635 - Fate: Given to grandma
    Next: iPhone 5C - This is my current phone.
    Also given to me was a Nokia 3650 (I think) and that is sitting next to the HTC on a shelf somewhere.
  • Nokia Lumia 520, upgraded to Windows Phone 8.1.
  • Lg 450. I didn't really have a choice in the matter. I do, however, have a Kyocera Hydro Icon my father gave me after he upgraded to another phone. The only downside is no actual phone abilities, and for it to do anything it has to be connected to wifi. That's not really an issue, though, since pretty much everywhere I go has free wifi. The Icon serves as a sort of small tablet until I get a smartphone that functions as a phone.
  • First phone: Motorola EX-130 "Wilder", touch screen is somewhat dead and it's beatened out.
    Second one: LG-E400 "L3", had it for a year changed it for the small screen, my mom uses it now.
    Third,current: Samsung SM-G350 "Core Plus" After 6 months it died for no reason and had to RMA it, works very well. Might put a custom rom, if any.
  • iPhone 6S.

I've used iPhone since 2010 and have no plans of switching.
  • iPhone 6S.

I've used iPhone since 2010 and got no plans of switching to Android.
  • garirry wrote:
    I own a Moto G 1st generation. It's easily one of the best phones for its price, and it does everything I would ever need from a smartphone. I found that I like Android more than iOS when I used it on my previous iPod Touch before I actually got this phone. It's weird how I don't even own it for a year and it already has a 3rd generation that got released.
    I own one too. Rooted running CM13 ROM.
    I want to purchase a Windows phone to try and get RT running on it :-)
    Motorola have gone downhill since Lenovo purchased them. For decent updates you can only rely on Google now.