What's Your Phone?

12346»

Comments

• Samsung A8 (2018) Its a good, nice, cheap phone.

• @Ramin said:
    I'am using tablet called lenovo tab3 7 essential

Tablet =/= phone

Anyway, as I'm here, I don't have one. I have my reasons (and random scam callers is one thing).

(although I've been looking at the CPR CS600 recently. It would be a life-saver, as with all of CPR's products. May get it some time... if I really want to that is).

• @Ramin said:
    I dont use a phone

How do you not have a phone?

• @PewDiePie said:

Step 1: Reject the idiotic ideas that everyone must be "always connected" or that anyone needs constant alerts, messages, or must take/receive calls at any moment.

Step 2: Don't buy a phone.

• GPO Table Telephone number 332.

• @SomeGuy said:

@PewDiePie said:

Step 1: Reject the idiotic ideas that everyone must be "always connected" or that anyone needs constant alerts, messages, or must take/receive calls at any moment.

You don't have to call or text people with it. You can just use it as a portable device.

• edited August 2019

Many newer phones would make for a lightweight HD video camera (though it is a pain to use MTP on anything below Vista). But everything else they can do can be done by an old business laptop.

Not calling people kinda defeats the purpose of a telephone.

• @PewDiePie said:

@SomeGuy said:

@PewDiePie said:

You don't have to call or text people with it. You can just use it as a portable device.

Not everyone needs a portable device. Or you could also get just an iPod touch or a tablet if you wanted a portable device.

• I'm on an LG Stylo 4. Honestly it's kind of a POS, but meh. It functions.

• Currently using a Huawei P10 plus. Takes some really nice looking pictures. No custom firmware, just using stock Android 9.0 (Pie).

• I'm have my cailbar and mobistar phone first, then I'm got Samsung galaxy grand prime and it broke and i'm also have oppo a39 still here

• edited January 2020

Motorola Atrix 4G with Android KitKat
    Huawei Ascend Y340 (i dont know how to modify this).

• @jonirob said:
    GPO Table Telephone number 332.

Transform it to Rotocell.

• A Samsung Galaxy A10.
    It works perfectly, and that is my main phone.
    I also have 2 phones that i rarely use:
    One is an LG GS290 with a broken digitizer and a Huawei Y560 with screen smashed.
  • I've been using a second-hand iPhone 7 Plus for the past few years. It works (mostly) great and runs iOS 14 just fine. However, I once dropped it and had to get the screen replaced, and it started having ghost touch issues afterwards.
  • edited September 2020
    I had an iPhone 6S+ which THANKS A LOT to my mom who decided to lose it. Anyways she upgraded to an iPhone 11 so she's giving me her iPhone 8 (when they fix the screen). (PLEASE DON'T LOSE IT THIS TIME.)
  • I'm currently using a Samsung Galaxy S9. It's actually the second S9 I've had as I broke the first one (first time since my iPhone 4). I wasn't going to replace it, but I ended up finding one for $200 locally while just browsing around on Craigslist and was able to get it the next day. It's the factory unlocked S9, so there were no issues with my service. I'm hoping to get a good few more years out of this one.
  • I thought about something I should add: I also keep around several other phones and devices for random things. These have come in handy a lot for a variety of purposes. One thing I like to do with older phones is repurpose them as IP cameras. It's easy to set up and works pretty well as long as my network is stable enough, so whenever I upgrade my phone (which isn't often) I keep the old ones.
  • edited October 2020
    I have one of those mini-phones, it comes with a wireless and a torch. People can send text messages to it, although it might be three to four days before i see them.

It also has a clock on it, but the clock is digital, so i don't use it much for that.

• edited November 2020
    I have Samsung Galaxy A10, and in December 6, 2020 I get Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
  • edited November 2020
    I use the Galaxy S10. It's a nice phone, durable, tough, and I kinda put its waterproof claim to the test.

It's suppose to survive up to a half-hour of full submersion before potentially taking damage. Well... I went swimming one day. Rode to the pool with my swim trunks on, had my phone in there not thinking anything of it. Swam in the pool for 2 HOURS before my hand brushed against my pocket and I went "Oh shi.....". Took my phone out, got it out of its rubber sleeve and tapped the charging port against my towel. I accessed the screen and the touch functions worked, then "Oh, I have no signal... ummm..", my wife furious at me starts getting ready to call Verizon. Then the phone got a signal about 10 minutes after my wife called (She got the replacement plan and was gonna try to convince them my phone broke some other way). After that I told her and she tried to call my phone, it rang "whew..." I could hear her talk, but she couldn't hear me. That didn't help her anger issues any better. So we decided to pack up and go home, we'd go to the Verizon store in the morning. Later that evening, we were watching TV when my phone rang, I answered it, my friend called me and apparently my phone decided to start working as normal because he heard me just fine. I laughed, my wife hit me and laughed, and my phone has worked ever since without any glitches, loss of quality, or dropping dead.

Not a situation I'd suggest anyone go through, but if you happen to, don't sweat it, your phone may survive!