Which version of DOS is your favorite?

Comments

• thats probably the sup. disk, that should contain dosshell
  • Laaaadies aaaand geeeeentlemen!!!

on...

that...

disk...

are...

...Ms_DOS SUPPLEMENTAL FILES! (Like DosShell)
    lol
  • OOOOOOOOOOH!!! Yuck! that Dosshel really sucks! :(
  • If you want a good file commander try OpenGEM and GEMini (OGEM is a OS unto itself, GEMini is just a file browser).

-Q
  • OGEM is a OS unto itself
    Sorry waddaya mean "unto" because I don't understand that. Is OGEM an OS or a shell?
  • Q means that its like an OS itself
  • It's like Windows 3.1, it's a shell but has it's own API, programs can be written for it, but it's still a shell to good old DOS.

-Q

PS. That wasn't the best explanation the 1st time around I admit...
  • Cool! where can I get it?
  • Yeah, I'm becoming interested in this too...
  • They should be on WinWorld under OS/Shells unless Fish screwed up and wiped the HTML again.

-Q
  • No, it's there. Cool!
  • Version 6 for me. I originally had 6.2 but doublespace messed my old ibm 386 up so reformated with 6.22 which will always be my favourite dos version.

Does anyone have an image of this suplement disk with doshell on as i havent got it with my disks.

Richard
  • my favorite is DR-DOS 8.0!
  • 6.22 custumized. Just take the install floppys, copy off the stuff you need, stick on floppy, SYS C: then copy your shit over.
  • DOS 6.x
    DOS 5.x
    DOS 4.x
    DOS 3.x
    DOS 2.x (If there is such a version)
    DOS 1.x
    what does it mean?
    what distr of dos?
    there are no telepathies here yet :)
  • DOS has been made in several versions, from 1, to 6.22. Each was an update and improvement (supposedly) to the previous. The ones listed should actually be MS- DOS, as there are other DOSes.

-Q
  • it is a tactless topic
    he had to tell that it is aboute MS-DOS or to produce other disributions for the voting
    !!!
  • Yeah, great ppl from China continued to develop DOS, and made MS-DOS 7.10... Guess DOS is still alive, we will see new versions soon.
    There will be 9.0, 10.0, ... Dos 4ever!
  • FreeDOS will never stop! 1NOW!

-Q
  • Q wrote:
    FreeDOS will never stop! 1NOW!

-Q

i like freedos for modern bootdisks.
  • Also, DOS 7.10 by China DOS union suppords modern things, such as ACPI and NTFS.
  • What's their URI? I can never find them.

NM, found them and didn't have the codepage.

-Q
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It includes some drivers for that all... so it's fine OS!
  • DOS has it's own uses, like for the Sewing Machine! So I like it, but wont use it as my main OS or shoot anyone who doesn't like it.

-Q
  • (The sewing machine is what I call Q's 386 laptop...)
  • My favorite was 6.x.
  • FreeDOS badly support pseudographics mode, in all other it's OK!
  • All the way...
    Z80's forever! Radio86RK are the best Russian compyters... They use hardware OSes/// and TR-DOS 8bit...
  • Z80s? What are they Slash?

-Q