Gay cable connection.

Comments

• That's if you've got something like you by. We all get cheap crappy CrapUSA stuff that only has a HTTP interface. Ciscos and stuff have Telnets. But Telnets sucks anyways, better to use S SH!

-Q
  • Damn... I hate it when some stuff works with Internet Explorer only. HATE IT! The config page seems to load fine on IE only. Well the first page only. After that it gets DEBUG Errors.

IE Sucks. Well maybe except for 5.5. I like 5.5 for some scary odd reason.
  • Try iCab, mines IE/iCab only.

-Q
  • Mine now works in IE6, and FireFox .8
  • That's because you're using a nonexistant firmware, of course! ;)
    -Q
  • LOL! Yeah, damn netgear not knowing what theyre talking about!
  • My old Linksys and TrendNET routers let me telnet into them.
  • I said this 1ce before, we all by cheap crappy CrapUSA routers that only have HTTP interfaces, they don't no Telnet, and considering it's security issues, that's a good thing.

-Q
  • Ive got an expensive NetGear that cant telnet! It was like $70!!
  • Mines was like $60 and its some LinkSYS 10/100.
  • YES!!! My router's config page works now! I just needed to unplug the power and replug it in. No need to reset to default settings! YAY!

Excuse me, but I'm just so, so, HAPPY!

I almost thought that I threw out $79.
  • When I said to reset the router I ment for you to turn it off and back on, not to reset the settings.

The telnet thing was a option of showing on how to config it besides using the web browser.
  • Try using your subnet mask for the router address.
  • 2 things.

1. That won't work

2. Read the dates.
  • 1: Sorry.
    2: Yes it does work.
  • forgot to mention

The IP of the router becomes the default gateway
  • Do you even *know* what a subnet mask does?
  • This is why i love ADSL.
  • Yes I have the Telecentro`s (my cable tv provider) ADSL, and it does have an sub-net mask NICE! :)
  • Anything TCP/IP connection has a subnet mask :|.
  • I'm pretty sure if you enter "255" into the first field of a network address Windows will immediately flag it as invalid. I know it does that for "127".

-Q
  • Anything above 223.255.255.255 isn't used generally thats why.
  • Hence the impossibility of "us[ing] a subnet mask as an ip". ::roll:

-Q
  • You can fuck with a subnet mask and make it different numbers other than 255 though.
  • Yea, but the likelyhood that anyone here has a better-then-Class-A setup on their network, although I could be wrong.

-Q
  • Yeah, I seriously doubt anyone here has the patience/retardedness to subnet their home network.
  • I don't think our routers can go above Class C. I know my awful Linksys was able to go lower then that.

-Q
  • isnt the standard like 255.255.255.255?
  • No.

The standard one for class C networks, which most people would use at home is 255.255.255.0.
  • I haven't grasped the concepts of subnet masks. What are they exactly used for? Routing purposes?