Windows Home Server

124»

Comments

• I have selected my SATA HDD as install hdd and it have overwritten my IDE Harddisk the old installer was better.
  • Uhh...that's what it is supposed to do, it's not designed to be dual booted.
  • BOD wrote:
    Uhh...that's what it is supposed to do, it's not designed to be dual booted.
    Yeah, why would you want to dual boot a server and another OS? That would defeat the purpose of having an always-on server, wouldn't it? tongue.gif

-Kirk
  • I'm pretty sure that the installer doesn't give you an option, it just says "This is what we've detected installed, load a driver if somethings missing, otherwise we'll wipe everything out".

-Q
  • Sounds kinda like what SME server does.
  • I don't remember, but I wouldn't be surprized (I only installed it once or twice, usually it was just an update of an existing installation).

-Q
  • BOD wrote:
    Yeah, why would you want to dual boot a server and another OS? That would defeat the purpose of having an always-on server, wouldn't it? tongue.gif

-Kirk

The point is that this is still in beta, and us computer experts would like to test it out. And give feedback to MS. If this was the offcial RTM release then yes you are correct. Btw anyone got it dual booting yet. I really dont wanna wipe my 370 gigs of information clean. As i do have priceless and irreplacebel family photos and videos.
  • I think you missed the point.
  • anantha92 wrote:
    BOD wrote:

-Kirk

The point is that this is still in beta, and us computer experts would like to test it out. And give feedback to MS. If this was the offcial RTM release then yes you are correct. Btw anyone got it dual booting yet. I really dont wanna wipe my 370 gigs of information clean. As i do have priceless and irreplacebel family photos and videos.

I'd love to know since we were "Experts" with Microsoft, considering the majority of us aren't even Microsoft Certified.

Experts giving feedback to MS != Kiddies with Limewire.
  • I think Microsoft expects it to travel outside its "official" distribution, and if they wanted to, they could easily turn it to their advantage.

Anyway, have you tried installing/running a virtual machine program?

-Q
  • Bash wrote:

I'd love to know since we were "Experts" with Microsoft, considering the majority of us aren't even Microsoft Certified.

Experts giving feedback to MS != Kiddies with Limewire.

I didnt mean it like that, ok us computer 'people' now you happy.

Q: It doesent load anydrivers for vmware and the 64 bit verion of vpc doesent allow me to got over 500mb of ram. I can only use the 64 bit version since x64 vista doesent allow me to isntall the 32bit version.
  • I think you're the only one here who installed x64, so I'd say I have no idea how to solve either problem, except for getting a different VM software.

-Q
  • yea i think so. I probably need to reisntall vista anyway since the frankenbuild crack stops working in May 1st.
  • I have d/l from BitTorrent, an Vista Crack Pack (Works in all versions : ) with cracks (for WPA and Serials, etcetera....) that works FOREVER : )
  • yea, ill post another thread on how to get back to your original state, after using the franken build crack.
  • The other day I saw a screenshot of the WHS "Console" or something.. is there ANYTHING about this at this point?

Also, does anyone know how to get the WHS Console into Windows 7?
  • Yes, update to the latest power pack (pp 3)
  • Rioter wrote:
    Yes, update to the latest power pack (pp 3)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

Are you refering to that?

Dont I need the actual Windows Home Server OS?
  • Yes. But to use it with 7 you need PP3. It's really not officially
    supported but it works with Win 7. The new version coming up just
    supports Windows 7, should be out in less than a year.

I just took a screenshot of the console, I was checking to see if it
    would back up my hacked XP Pro virtual machine and apparently it
    does. My network got unhealthy 'cause there's just 15 days to go to
    activate it. It is a nice console:

whs14.jpg

That what you meant?

Thump
  • I still have my 120 day trial of Windows Home Server. I still have the old Gateway PIII 1.0 Ghz with 512 MB. Maybe someday I will install the Windows Home Server on it to try it out. I believe I have tried it once but did not keep it.