WinWorldPC Classicish Userstyle [Dark Theme]

2»

Comments

• Just tried it out and it looks cool!

• I really love the old style and missed it. Just stumbled across this topic and tried it. Thank you very much!

• And i found a bug. If i search, the highlighted keyword is only visible when marking it. It has same foreground like background I suspect.

Screenshot attached. Maybe you'll fix this. Anyway, thanks again.

• I think having this dark space theme is a great idea, because that's how WinWorld always looked, ever since the beginning. Maybe you could find a way to add stars in the background as well.

• @sdose, thanks for pointing that out. There were a few other bugs I wanted to fix anyways.

@JonathonWyble, I haven't updated the screenshot yet, but the starry background is in the header.

• Nice to see that you're still around and still interested in your project.

I use github for "long-term-storage" and pushing me to "make-things-right-before-publishing" and from there I know far too much abandoned projects.

• However, one disadvantage of the dark space theme is that it used to sometimes make me a little nauseous, going from the WinWorld tab to a tab with a white layout. This was prior to the reset in 2017, way before I had my WinWorld account, but I did use the site to download stuff at that time.

• I've moved this into Announcements and stickied it, so it's not buried in the Programming forum.

• Thank you very much for this userstyle! I really liked the old website design and this brings me a lot of good memories :smile:

Cheers and keep up the excelent work lad.

• edited November 1

To be honest, I'm used to the default look for this site now (maybe because I prefer light themes over dark) but this is good for anyone to reminisce of the good ol' days :)

Thanks for your marvelous work, @ubuntuxp =D