Windows ME Final

124»

Comments

• product key for retail upgrade version: FYG4R-3RK8M-DJGPJ-9GTRY-Q7Q49
  • Microsoft Windows ME (4.90.3000) [Portuguese-Brazil] (OEM) (ISO) TEM VIRUS! Win.Trojan.Agent-983212 Identificada pelo antivirus ClamWin Antivirus
  • How did you install the VMware virtual machine at the bottom?
    It is working fine with VMwareFusion12, but from other isos it fails.
    Likewise, when I export it from VirtualBox with ova, it does not start with vertical stripes on the screen.
  • Windows Me was far from being an example of stability, but the crappy hardware of the time certainly didn't help one bit. This is why it's so well-behaved in hypervisors: no legacy/poorly written drivers, no esoteric hardware, no "clever" BIOS hacks to work around hardware/software bugs etc. VMs almost make all of those BSODs feel like a false memory but it's not, I had to deal with it running on bare metal and it was *not* fun.
  • i love how all the pictures are bluescreens
  • edited August 2023
    Have this OS installed on a Socket A machine with a AMD Duron 700mgz running at 770mhz and it runs without fuss. Doesn't blue screen or anything. I wonder if this is because the system I have it installed on is from the era the OS was likely written for? Anyway glad I tried it. I tried it before on later hardware and that did blue screen all the time!
  • It's Fine In VMware,The Only Thing That's Difficult For Me Is The Modem and MSN Acc
  • Now that I think about it, Windows ME is one of the transitional OSs to move to Windows XP, i.e., NTFS-based. At the time, it required somewhat high specifications and took up a lot of resources compared to 98, so blue screens were frequent. .
  • lol the screenshots dude
  • Interesting that you only post screenshots of Bluescrens :-D By the way it was always named "Windows Me", not "Windows ME".

@ibmpc5150: Windows Me didn't require more compared to 98, but it was incomplete and a strange version of WIndows kicking away some DOS parts like CONFIG.SYS but still using the DOS kernel and so bringing absolutely nothing new. It was a stupid release.
    NTFS is just one thing of the NT-based WIndows, the important thing is the kernel with its strict modern object manager and strict hardware seperation. And all that is simply not existing in Windows Me and all DOS based WIndows systems, every program was able to do anything they want and THAT made them unstable and completely unreliable.
  • Great joke WinWorldPC💀