Windows ME Final

13»

Comments

• I only specifically mentioned IBM; given that ThinkPads were generally high-end machines (there wasn't really a low-end series in the IBM era), I guess that a home-only OS may have been out of the question. But again Windows 98 was (mostly) home-oriented when compared to Windows 2000.

Ironically Me does run fine on my T41.

• @ShermanRetroWindowsFan said:
    Are you sure? My HP Pavilion 6735 has Windows ME, and it also has the original COA / Original HP OEM Installation of Windows ME.

May I ask, sure of what? He stated IBM hated WinMe, not HP

• @SistemaRayoXP said:

@ShermanRetroWindowsFan said:
    Are you sure? My HP Pavilion 6735 has Windows ME, and it also has the original COA / Original HP OEM Installation of Windows ME.

May I ask, sure of what? He stated IBM hated WinMe, not HP

OwO ok then.

• Why are all the screenies BSODs?
    For all those who hate ME:
    All windows versions work without any problems, maybe your hardware is faulty or you were running software not designed for ME.

• edited May 21

The thing is that every Windows 9x/NT OS does have many good configurations on which you will have near-perfect stability.

Unfortunately some configs have their quirks and that applies especially to older stuff with only win95/98 VxD drivers on Windows Me. My IBM 300GL has varying issues with the newer 9x operating systems so it's running win95 (and it's a PIII).

Stuff that came out after winme was released (Pentium 4/M+ or Athlon XP+) will have mature WDM drivers built with Me in mind and on such hardware it should be quite stable (like my ThinkPad T41).

@Windows 2000 I think I've seen you in another forum :wink:

• @win32 I am MCpillager12 on BA, fyi.

• Very stable on vpc2007.

Infact, some pics.

• @MacInTosh said:
    I never figured out why peoples says Windows ME was evil. I used to have had no trouble in the past.

@Bry89 said:
    ME seems to be more responsive under a VM, or maybe it was just me.

Same here.

• Can we get some real screenshots?

• @me23 said:
    Can we get some real screenshots?

If the staff can be bothered. Besides, it's really just a quick rehash with Windows 98 with Win2000 aesthetics thrown in. Nothing special really.

• People had this much trouble with ME? I've never had any issues with it.

• @Pluto said:
    People had this much trouble with ME? I've never had any issues with it.

All depends on your hardware set-up and compatibility I suppose, in where history had repeated itself when Vista came about years later.