Windows ME Final

edited November 2017 in Product Comments

imageWindows ME Final

Read the full story here

Comments

• I love how all the screenshots for ME are a blue screen XD. honestly though its quite accurate

• We actually need real screenshots though... but why was ME famed for its BSOD's anyway?

• Read the product description, it explains why ME was unstable. Eventually, one of these days, perhaps I'll touch up the OS screenshots.

• The product keys listed don't work.

• The first one worked fine for me yesterday

• The Retail ISO is not bootable

• @catlover3493 said:
    The Retail ISO is not bootable

Which retail ISO, The full or the upgrade?

• edited December 2017

@SomeGuy said:
    Read the product description, it explains why ME was unstable. Eventually, one of these days, perhaps I'll touch up the OS screenshots.

It was unstable because of being a 9x system, so if Neptune got renamed to Windows ME and got released, then it would be considered better than Vista RTM.

But jokes aside, if you want this to run stable use PCem. It might run a little slow but it will run faster and better than 98 FE and XP (but slightly worse in 98 SE in boot speed).

• why are the download speeds so slow in the US?

• @N0tH4C3RE03 said:
    why are the download speeds so slow in the US?

is it because all the mirrors are in Europe?

• @Luna_Deafenhine said:
    The product keys listed don't work.

All of them, or just a few?

• edited December 2017

@Luna_Deafenhine said:
    The product keys listed don't work.

B6BYC-6T7C3-4PXRW-2XKWB-GYV33

FMMMC-G8GQH-BH9MT-YBRH3-CRD6T ; GRD3D-R3JF3-Y4J6D-X3QDK-T62XM

Do you use this product keys now?

• These screenshots are surprisingly not representative of my ME experience. Guess I got lucky.

• Eventually I will update the OS screen shots, but I plan to leave one BSOD here just for yucks.

• Oh my word the screenshots..... YES!!!

• @N0tH4C3RE03 said:

@N0tH4C3RE03 said:
    why are the download speeds so slow in the US?

is it because all the mirrors are in Europe?

Yes

• What is the product key for the english upgrade?

• @LOOLS98 said:
    What is the product key for the english upgrade?

Retail, not WIN98

• @LOOLS98 There are several in the New Serials Compilation. Please try those.

• The Slovenian (NFR) is actually a Upgrade CD from Windows 98 (Slovenian). Don't be fooled.

• Thanks for reporting that. Added a note to the download for now.

• @Totengeist said:
    @LOOLS98 There are several in the New Serials Compilation. Please try those.

OK

• I never figured out why peoples says Windows ME was evil. I used to have had no trouble in the past.

• edited April 11

@MacInTosh said:
    I never figured out why peoples says Windows ME was evil. I used to have had no trouble in the past.

Huh, guessed you never used long enough. Windows ME was poorly made, leaving the Operating system unstable and crashes or lockup. Thing like Active Desktop, IE, Windows Media Player and even the OS it self crashes. It was usually caused by poor driver support.

• o.m.g nice catches, yes I remember those problems, all for bad drivers. 99% of the problems were per driver. The pass from 98 to ME was a terrible conflict of controllers, little or no support for ME.

If you manage to obtain a stable controller, it would reduce the problem, it would not solve it, only that the blue screens will persist after the prolonged use of the system. The one who used it knows what I say. I mean, you never have a guarantee that it's okay.

I remember that it was a terrible problem for the clients, you leave the apparently stable system, you leave the place and the hell begins. HAHAHA!.

I think it is the operating system more problematic than the "Windows 98se".

The "Windows 98se" next to "ME", the "Windows 98se" is a solid rock hahaha.

Of course, when Windows 2000 appears, this was a solid steel.

• As stated in the product description, vendors were supposed to update their drivers for ME. But since ME was a dead end, and 9x drivers mostly worked, they didn't. Hence more conflicts and crashes.

• And with that said, we would've seen Windows Neptune instead of that trash.

But the funny thing is though, ME seems to be more responsive under a VM, or maybe it was just me.

• edited April 12

I wonder ME why likes to crash later instead of crash after the system boots.

@Bry89

Better driver support with VMs, maybe?

• @droem, could be, ironically.