Windows 98 First Edition

Comments

• Was there a floppy version of windows 98 se??

• No. The floppy edition was order-only and due to very low demand, discontinued with Second Edition.

• A few month ago, I saw floppy version of Windows 98 SE was sold on eBay.
    Of course that was available via Microsoft order only.

• I need windows 98 full Portuguese BRAZIL

• @1040ST said:
    Was there a floppy version of windows 98 se??

No. It was discontinued.

• 100% working serial for Windows 98 First Edition (Retail Upgrade): QJGPC-3PGVF-3XDXJ-FFDGR-GRYJP

• no VMware file in Win98 FE

• @WinCollector said:
    100% working serial for Windows 98 First Edition (Retail Upgrade): QJGPC-3PGVF-3XDXJ-FFDGR-GRYJP

This should go in the serials thread.

• For Win95 it is possbile to unback and but fdd version to cd, but with Win98 it is not possible. Win98fe will ask next fdd, even if all files are from same folder, someone know the way to do it without using fdd-s? Floppy Disk Edition Win98 has less cab files and is smaller than regular version. Thank you :)

• Where is the simplified Chinese versions of windows ME and 98SE ? Could someone upload them please?

• Today is the 20th anniversary of 98FE. Has it really been that long?

• @Pluto said:
    Today is the 20th anniversary of 98FE. Has it really been that long?

Yep! Happy 20th, Windows 98!

• edited August 2018

Where I can get Win 98 FE boot diskette?

• if the serial key doesn't work then try this:
    K6B23-D6C7K-H8W4H-XHWC8-4V9DB

• edited January 28

I can't install Win98 FE because I take the french version and it is not working. it says INSERT WINDOWS 98 CD-ROM DISK INTO DRIVE D, I did but... nah. error. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

• @VicWith3Numbers said:
    I can't install Win98 FE because I take the french version and it is not working. it says INSERT WINDOWS 98 CD-ROM DISK INTO DRIVE D, I did but... nah. error. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Copy the entire setup folder from the CD to the hard drive, and then run setup from the hard drive. Common 9x problem.

• edited January 28

@SomeGuy said:

@VicWith3Numbers said:

Copy the entire setup folder from the CD to the hard drive, and then run setup from the hard drive. Common 9x problem.

yea and I mean: the boot disk is in English and the version I use is: SETUP.EXE = INSTALL.EXE so let me try

• edited January 28

@VicWith3Numbers said:

@SomeGuy said:

@VicWith3Numbers said:

yea and I mean: the boot disk is in English and the version I use is: SETUP.EXE = INSTALL.EXE so let me try

I did and... nothing happens. I restarted and........................
    BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH :'(
    I WASTED MY TIME!
    I HAD TO USE A DOS 6.22 DISK
    AND THEN I GET THIS?!
    WTH?!?!???!!?!!!!??!?!!?!?

• Has anyone had a problem with the retail upgrade cd for Windows 98 First Edition? Because I tried it on multiple virtualization software and it gets stuck at 23% after checking the drives.