What's Your Phone?

Comments

• edited August 2017
    Recently acquired an old Droid RAZR MAXX running Android 4.1.2. Rooted it, and am now triple-booting CyanogenMod 11 (Android KitKat), LineageOS 14.1 (Android Nougat), and the stock Android. Just for fun :)

I won't root my original Droid. So don't ask.

Of course, my daily driver is still an iPhone 5.
  • All of my smartphones so far have been HTC. Started with the Thunderbolt, then had the Droid DNA, then the One (which I honestly regret getting and wish I had just kept the DNA - I might have to find one on eBay), and now the HTC 10.

iPhones are toys :P
  • I'm currently using a Motorola Moto G5 as I wait for my Nexus 5x to be repaired after suffering the infamous bootlooping problem. (Thankfully I'm still in warranty! :)) I prefer stock (or at-least close to stock) Android over bloated TouchWiz or other Android OEM skins.
  • My phone is an old Western Elec. type touch-tone thats hooked up to my computer (for fun)

• Mine is a ZTE Z222 (yes, I use a flip phone). I want to replace it with a Librem 5 eventually.

• edited November 2017

Mine is Sony Xperia XA, switched it recently from Xperia E4 (yeah, I'm a Sony fanboy :tongue: ), but actually I've had in my life nearly any major brand of phones.

• Mine is Sony Xperia XA, switched it recently from Xperia E4 (yeah, I'm a Sony fanboy :tongue: ), but actually I've had in my life nearly any major brand of phones.

• @Biblo said:
    Mine is Sony Xperia XA, switched it recently from Xperia E4 (yeah, I'm a Sony fanboy :tongue: ), but actually I've had in my life nearly any major brand of phones.

I'm currently eyeing an XZ or an XA1.

• My main phone is a LG Stylo 3 Plus 32GB on T-Mobile with Android 7.0 Nougat.

• Still need to get a new cable for my WE...

• Just got a new iPhone 6s 64GB. It’s much faster compared to my old 5.
  • I have an LG Magna phone running Android 6

• @Skora said:
    What's your phone? I use a Nokia Lumia 920 as of now (I'm typing this on it) and I have an iPhone 4S, and two iPhone 3GS's laying around.

I have a Sony Xperia XA running Android 7.0.

• In my case is a Huawei P8 Lite 2017 running Android 7.

• For a mobile phone I use an iPhone 6 running iOS 11.0. It's an OK phone, but I still use my Samsung Galaxy S4 a lot.

• Not too long ago I upgraded my Galaxy S5 to the Huawei P10 Plus. I didn't really need the new phone, but Rogers was offering a free upgrade. The camera takes some really nice pictures and apps are snappy and responsive. It's also nice to finally have a phone that'll last more than a day between charges.

• I have Samsung Note 8 running Android 8.0,Huawei Mate 10 running Android 7.1.2 and iPhone 6S Plus running iOS 11.2.

• big bump.
    Anyways I have a OnePlus2. Infact im even typing this from it, using Firefox.

• edited June 2019

I have a Galaxy S5, which I will use until it keels over. I don't get why people need to get a new phone every year (too many Apple fanbois around me).

I don't like the unremovable preloaded software either. I need to root it someday, but apparently rooting on this particular phone is risky. My fingers are also too big to use the touchscreen efficiently.

But my family expects me to use it. :angry: Too bad we can't have ultra-compact x86 laptops running win2k and able to connect to mobile networks to send/receive SMS and phone calls.

Even if my T41/T60 could do that it would be a step up!

• edited June 2019

@win32 said:
    Too bad we can't have ultra-compact x86 laptops running win2k and able to connect to mobile networks to send/receive SMS and phone calls.

Even if my T41/T60 could do that it would be a step up!

SIP is your friend.

Hell, for that matter, Google Hangouts or Skype.

• @nick99nack said:
    All of my smartphones so far have been HTC. Started with the Thunderbolt, then had the Droid DNA, then the One (which I honestly regret getting and wish I had just kept the DNA - I might have to find one on eBay), and now the HTC 10.

Still using an HTC 10, almost 2 years later. I'll probably keep using it for at least a couple more years. It's a great phone. I love the dedicated DAC and headphone amp! Camera is really nice as well.

• Moved from HTC Desire 650 on Android Marshmellow to Samsung Galaxy Note 4 also on Android Marshmellow to iPhone SE on iOS 12.3.1 (latest firmware unless you use iphone 8+)

• Ios 12, 11 are the worst. Nonstop glitches.
    I have se with 10.3.1 but with the version changed to 10.1.1 so I can keep the Videos app and not be forced to use that horrid "TV" app.
    And everything more or less works. And I laugh to those "gotta upgrade now" folks who have all sorts of problems because they had to get that 1.000€ new phone or have to update ios without reading how glitchier it is. Hah, learn to stick with something that works. Be it ios or the phone.
    Before I had this I had 5s (bought from coworker for 50€ because he broke the screen), and I left that for the se when it developed the tristar problem. But the 5c (my first snartphone, got it for that euro deal with telekom) still works I think. It still has stock ios 7.1 too. I need to find that thing.

• My phone is the Blu R1 HD (Non-prime version)

• iPhone SE.

For calls, SMS, and a bit of web browsing.

• Moto Z3 with speaker mod.

• I'm using a Samsung Galaxy A40. Android 9 is the best :)

• Google Pixel 3. I was using a Samsung Galaxy S8+ but I think making the back of a phone out of glass is as stupid as making a racecar out of styrofoam. Hopefully this one will break the 5 year mark without some hardware issue making it a pain to use.

Yes, I'm hard on phones. You could put a ruggedized unit in a Incipio or some other expensive case and I'd probably still end up with it looking like Stevie Ray Vaughn's Stratocaster guitar when I replace it.

• I dont use a phone

• I'am using tablet called lenovo tab3 7 essential