Windows 98 First Edition

Comments

• I need windows 98 full Portuguese BRAZIL

• 100% working serial for Windows 98 First Edition (Retail Upgrade): QJGPC-3PGVF-3XDXJ-FFDGR-GRYJP

• Where is the simplified Chinese versions of windows ME and 98SE ? Could someone upload them please?

• Today is the 20th anniversary of 98FE. Has it really been that long?

• @Pluto said:
    Today is the 20th anniversary of 98FE. Has it really been that long?

Yep! Happy 20th, Windows 98!

• edited August 2018

Where I can get Win 98 FE boot diskette?

• if the serial key doesn't work then try this:
    K6B23-D6C7K-H8W4H-XHWC8-4V9DB

• Has anyone had a problem with the retail upgrade cd for Windows 98 First Edition? Because I tried it on multiple virtualization software and it gets stuck at 23% after checking the drives.

• So my problem got fixed, it was because I had enabled Hyper-V in my Windows 10 Pro computer to turn on at startup.

• This is the last stop for those who DON'T have a CD-ROM drive; Microsoft let you order Windows 98 on 39 DMF formatted 3.5 inch floppy disks.

• edited June 2019

MS left you to order Windows 8.1 on 3000+ diskettes

Note this is not real. In theory, considering these are 1.44 diskettes, 3711 diskettes is equal to 5.34 GB of space, and Win8.1 is lighter than that.
    And considering the rare case these could be 720 KB diskettes, the total size would be 2.67, and Win8.1 is heavier than that

• edited June 2019

I'm going to order the next win10 enterprise LTSC release on 5.25" 360K diskettes from M$. :smiley:

Back on topic, 98FE was a real dog on my IBM PC 300GL. Before I could even install any drivers, I'd get blue screen after blue screen then lose all responsiveness. Asking for opinions, many thought it was hardware-related (overheating or bad RAM). I changed back to 95/2000 a few hours later and those OSes have been incredibly stable.

My aunt used it as her main OS for 6 years and surprisingly it had held up well going years without a reinstall (several years' worth of tax software installed) and was very stable.

Some windows 9x releases like 98/Me are just so picky about hardware configs. 95, 2000 and XP, on the other hand will take anything thrown at it in my (unfortunately limited) experience.

• @SistemaRayoXP I Say windows 10 would take forever to install from a floppy

• Which is why Microsoft stopped making Windows on floppy disks after 98(which had 39 disks, and those were DMF formatted!). It would also cost a lot of money to mass produce.

• @SistemaRayoXP said:
    MS left you to order Windows 8.1 on 3000+ diskettes

Note this is not real. In theory, considering these are 1.44 diskettes, 3711 diskettes is equal to 5.34 GB of space, and Win8.1 is lighter than that.
    And considering the rare case these could be 720 KB diskettes, the total size would be 2.67, and Win8.1 is heavier than that

Well, I have Windows 8 on 1713 floppies:

JOKE! NOT REAL!

• edited July 2019

@WinCollector said:
    100% working serial for Windows 98 First Edition (Retail Upgrade): QJGPC-3PGVF-3XDXJ-FFDGR-GRYJP

This key is the only one working for this upgrade. I have tried about 15 other serials and none have worked, except for this one.

Found on: https://forum.winworldpc.com/discussion/6677/new-serials-compilation/p2

• I Tried to Install Windows 98 FE in VirtualBox & I Got the Windows Protection Error! I Tried on Safe Mode & it Worked! but when I Restarted, I Once Again got the Windows Protection Error! What should I do?!

• @Sebastian Diaz said:
    I Tried to Install Windows 98 FE in VirtualBox & I Got the Windows Protection Error! I Tried on Safe Mode & it Worked! but when I Restarted, I Once Again got the Windows Protection Error! What should I do?!

On Google, search for and download "FIX95CPU" .

When the Windows Protection Error message appears, place the WinImage file in your floppy drive and restart. Follow the onscreen instructions, then remove the floppy and restart again.

That will do it.

• @Dipper184 said:

I have a windows 98 Boot disk maker! if you want it!

• I tried all key but they don't work

• @hoachuc123 said:
    I tried all key but they don't work

Windows 98 FE (OEM) product key:

TGFTM-3CFGJ-XMR49-FD98T-JH98Q

• Has anyone had a problem installing Windows 98 both First and Second Edition in Virtualbox or VMware? Because there must be a hidden feature that makes it impossible to install Windows 98 FE or SE in those vm programs. I am asking because I get to the end of the setup in Windows 98 FE and it says runtime error when installing java for ie4. and something similar happens when doing Win 98 SE also.

• edited December 2019

@Dipper184 said:

Windows 98 FE boot disk: https://winworldpc.com/product/microsoft-windows-boot-disk/98-fe

• @dprevost6 said:

@Dipper184 said:

I have a windows 98 Boot disk maker! if you want it!

I could use the windows 98 Boot disk maker, please?

• edited June 2020

Does anyone have a working ISO of the upgrade version of 98? I have been trying to get a virtual machine to work on it with windows 3.1 and earlier software on it.

• Went through the usual serial hell, found that Windows 98 First Edition (Retail Full) will eat this one: VD4WG-Y998T-3MGWX-GPW2Q-3QVC8

• first edition retail full:
    k4hvd-q9tj9-6crx9-c9g68-rq2d3 or
    qy84q-qt6qf-gjmgy-mft4y-rcbwg or
    ptx6t-wtq9g-c7b2y-tc3k8-yt4gb

• Windows 98 First Edition (Retail Upgrade)

G2FGT-6HYRW-X2W2C-RT7HW-RF7WX

• does anyone have this preinstalled?i have a dvd but i dont have a dvd drive lol