OS/2 3.x 3.0

Comments

• Cannot install IBM OS2 Warp 3.0 (Bluebox Edition) (3.5), it have internal error 03

• Internal error 03 often occurs if the hardware has more than 64 MB of RAM or larger than 4 GB IDE drive. There was a set of replacement install disks that permitted use of larger hard disks over at WarpDoctor.

Otherwise, you will have to describe the system used for the install. It is a trifle challenging to figure out issues without information.

• Warp connect is 3.1 version, according to tcmdos2.exe In any case, the difference between OS/2 Warp and OS/2 Warp Connect are similar to Windows 3.1 and Windows for Workgroups 3.11

• Warp 3 Blue Spine is not bootable on my system. I don't see any boot disks.

• Were there ever Convenience Packs for Warp 3? If not, would someone be willing to upload updated Warp 3 (3.00 - 3.99) versions....? Thank you in advance.
  • I don't think there were any.
  • Unfortunately. :( I wonder if anyone would be willing to upload updated Warp 3 editions, though....
  • What is the max ram?
  • edited November 2021
    The Warp 3.0 blue spine doesn't have boot disk images in the archive, but you can make floppies (in an emulator like 86box) by booting into a dos installation and running "cdinst.bat" from the root of the cdrom drive and creating two 1.44 meg images (an install image and an boot image).
  • I found bundle box of OS/2 3.0 with bonus pack in 3.5 diskettes to rescue (I hope all of them can be salvaged)