Mac OS 9 9.0

edited July 2018 in Product Comments

Mac OS 9 9.0

WinWorld is an online museum dedicated to providing free and open access to one of the largest archives of abandonware software and information on the web.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Qemu runs Mac OS 9.0.4, 9.1 and 9.2.

• Apple Mac OS 9.0 (HD Image) is actually 9.0.4

and Apple Mac OS 9.0.4 (ISO) is 9.0.

I've just checked both ISOs in Sheepshaver.

• @jonirob The Mac OS 9.0.4 ISO is not just 9.0, it contains the 9.0.4 update as a separate file.

• @jonirob yes it runs on QEMU but it requires ROM version 5.6 or later
  • Besides archiving is there any use for downloading a previous version 9.x? Or should I just download 9.2.2 and be done with it? In other words, are there software/games that wont run on 9.2.2 but would on 9.0 or 9.1?
  • @SincerityPacifier yes, there is a use - actual hardware. A lot of the OldWorld ROM Macs do not support Mac OS 9.2.x properly - I have a PM6100 and PM9600 that won't run it without hacks.
  • Apple Mac OS 9.0.4 (ISO) cannot load Graphics User Interface when booting in Qemu, and Apple Mac OS 9.0.4 [Simp.Chinese] [PowerMac G4] (ISO) has a mouse driver issue.
  • edited January 2023
    @youdontknowwhoami233
    The Mac OS 9.0.4 image here will not work, as it has a Mac OS Rom file onboard that is not compatible with Qemu, it works fine in the SheepShave emulator.

You need a Mac OS 9.0.4 install image for the G4 Cube which is available at Macintosh Garden.
  • @jonirob Thanks, Its working fine right now.