A new logo for winworld! (idea)

2»

Comments

• @Erito17 said:

@MacInTosh said:

@JonathonWyble said:
    @MacInTosh Nice logos. Unfortunately, both SomeGuy and Duff said that the WinWorld logo cannot have any logos from companies like Microsoft, because WinWorld has more than just Microsoft content. But I do like your second logo.

Here is:

The O thing is from an old Microsoft logo. It’s not advisable to use it; it may still be under copyright.

Well, here's another logo for WinWorldPC;

• That's still a no-no, because that is easily reminiscent to the logo Windows uses currently.

And it makes me wonder if any of our logos would be picked. When will this unfold I wonder?

• As I mentioned before, it is very long term. I’m not aware of any immediate plans to change things around.

So for the moment we will just throw around random ideas with the rest of you. :)

As mentioned already we would prefer any logo distance itself from Microsoft. Although that one with the stylized “O” is kind of funny.

Although that CD looks nice, I think it is still a bit too “modern”. The few software titles that have not turned to the dark side with electronic-only distribution, still use CD/DVD-ROMs.

I’ve also noticed that other online museums often use the symbol of a museum building with pillars, so anything like that would need to distinguish itself a bit. Hmm, I wonder if the letters “WW” could be stylized to look like pillars?

Keep throwing around ideas.

• @SomeGuy said:
    I’ve also noticed that other online museums often use the symbol of a museum building with pillars, so anything like that would need to distinguish itself a bit. Hmm, I wonder if the letters “WW” could be stylized to look like pillars?

I suppose having the letters engraved in a pair of them would work, or maybe two in just a single one?

• Just like to jump in here and say I'm thrilled to see people making an effort, and I'm liking what I see thus far, keep it up guys.

• Anything that is made in my opinion should be simple, remember this is a view on retro-technology the logos used should reflect it to keep that connection.

• I agree, simple logos are better.

• @SomeGuy said:

I designed a few logos a while ago (they’re in this thread) with the museum aesthetic in mind. What if I took the pillars from the museum parts and made said pillars into a W shape?

• @Erito17 said:
    What if I took the pillars from the museum parts and made said pillars into a W shape?

I think that would be quite difficult to do, considering that pillars are usually straight. Unless, you can have the second and fourth pillars slant so that the whole thing resembles a "W" in a way. I think that would do, don't you think?

And I think all of us have forgotten about the UFO gimmick too, in relation to the "spacey" feel the site had before.

• I love this site... this is my first post in the forum and this is my idea for a logo :)

• That's looks great, I like on how you put the floppy disk on the building to get the columns.

• edited June 2018

Nice work, @HuppiFluppi :)

• edited June 2018

Wow, it's awesome. Good job @HuppiFluppi

What font did you use for the WinWorld text?

• @HuppiFluppi That's definitely my favorite one so far!

• Yes, the way that floppy is embedded in the museum building is very creative. Thanks!

• edited June 2018

@HuppiFluppi
    I love this! Very cool floppy museum icon.

• edited June 2018

I like this one.

• @HuppiFluppi Awesome job on that, best I've seen thus far - no offense intended to anyone else.

Do you have the original PSD (or whatever program you used to make it) so I could experiment with it and make different variations?

• @Duff said:
    no offense intended to anyone else.

Not at all. We did our best ;)

• If you ever did decide to add a new logo for WinWorld, then I have an idea of what you could throw in along with that...

This will show everyone that WinWorld is a Windows XP free zone, and would be used as a great sign to show newer members not to request, offer, or post serials for Windows XP or later, and would save them from getting banned. You could display this sign right on the homepage.

• Funny, but let's focus on what we DO have here.

• edited June 2018

Exported to PSD and uploaded as an attachment for those that don't want to go to sketchy file hosting sites and can't work with EPS files:

https://forum.winworldpc.com/uploads/editor/im/kvy0zwqjie4n.psd

• Thanks HuppiFluppi and BlueSun, I'm going to experiment with it a bit and make some variations. We very well might have our new logo.

• edited June 2018

@HuppiFluppi @calvinb I imagine we can just use the museum/floppy part for an apple-touch-icon (commonly known as the "add to homescreen icon"). Like this:

The sizing is a bit off, but you get the idea.

EDIT: I used iCustom (at tooliphone.net) and a screenshot of HuppiFluppi's logo design to do this.

• what about This? (its entirely Made in scratch)

• alternate version