Windows 2000 Final

Comments

• @Justin Sauren said:
    @HorseBatteryStaple you should better not choose windows Millennium Edition. because its unstable and its very slow and it always crashes your computer.
    use windows 2000 instead.

I have Windows ME on vpc2007 and it is very stable.

• @MacInTosh said:

@The Amateur said:
    It was released in 1999, not 2000.

I agree. The proof is here. 1985-1999:

It was compiled on 07-12-99, and RTMed on 31-03-00. Thats why it says 1985-1999.

• edited June 2019

Actually RTM was December 15, 1999, then released to retail on February 17, 2000.

Datacenter Server was RTMed on August 11, 2000, and released to retail on September 26 (I thought it was only an OEM product sold with specific hardware bundles).

• edited June 2019

Yay! My new fancy version of NT costs over $1000! :P

• @win32 I looked at TCB.

• Hello WinWorld, Add to Windows 2000 Professional and Server (Español) RTM

• Requesting Microsoft Backoffice Server 2000. (if it is possible or Microsoft don't care about this version anymore)

• Windows 2000 key that works for the Dutch version is:

VXKC4-2B3YF-W9MFK-QB3DB-9Y7MB

• Fun Fact: Someone made a fake version of Windows called ''Windows Alphabetas'' which is similar to this version. Also most of the system files were removed so it's pretty useless, and a waste of time. There's also another fake version which is ''Windows Powered''.

• Windows Powered is real. Its boot screen and logon banners can be found in ntoskrnl.exe and msgina.dll from legit win2k media.

Information about it is sketchy but it appears to be the NAS version of Windows 2000. The brand was also used for Pocket PC products.

• I've found a physical copy of Windows 2000 Pro for the NEC PC-9800. Has this been uploaded anywhere else?

• There is a Windows 2000 Professional (Retail) [PC-98] [Japanese] version available here: https://winworldpc.com/product/windows-nt-2000/final

But if yours is a different service pack level or a different language, that would be good to add.

• I've heard around that some places still use Windows 2000 in production environments because they won't delegate funds to upgrade the systems.

• Windows 2000 Professional With Service Pack 1 Greek OEM

https://mega.nz/folder/agwxQAYB#F_RE0c5pDTjVlVDJgzhqOg

• anyone have a key for powered

• oh wait i found it,RBDC9-VTRC8-D7972-J97JY-PRVMG

• Why does the 5.00.2195.6717 English retail version display Servicepack4free in safe mode? After a quick Google it turns out this is one with viruses?
  • No it isn't. It displays SP4 FRE because it's not a checked build (SP4 CHK) for debug purposes.
  • I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong here, but I've tried installing multiple versions (retail, SP1-SP4) of the english version on my old T42 and when it comes time to partition my drive I end up in an endless loop of "create the partition" > "maximum size available 0mb" > rinse and repeat. I was able to install these just fine in a VM, but when I try it on physical hardware it doesn't seem to want to work. Any ideas?
  • edited August 2020
    Well it seems like perhaps this thread is dead, but for anyone else who runs into the problem I mentioned above, the way I got past it was to boot into a live Linux instance and completely reformatted the drive and rebuilt the GPT.

That said, I used the Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4 images from WinWorld and kept getting errors during setup. I looked into the problem on the CD that I burned and it looks like all the file attachments in the \I386 folder had borked extensions (.exe, .dll, and .cat were .ex_, .dl_, and .ca_ respectively) and so setup couldn't locate certain files causing fatal errors. I finally gave up and just installed XP on this old laptop so better luck to anyone else looking to install Win2K.
  • They are supposed to be named like that, the are compressed on the CD.
  • I am trying to flash win2k on to a usb stick and when I try to flash, the program I am using (Balena Etcher) says the iso isn't bootable. (I got the iso from here.) I tried the original iso, sp4, then the oem but it said the same thing for all of them. help please.
  • CD key is invalid.
  • Pro CD key is apparently invalid
  • CD key is valid only for English SP4. In order to boot the iso you must burn it to an optical disc (CD-R/RW, DVD+-R/RW) or use a legacy iso boot loader like Easy to Boot.
  • @Zack13358 use another program, like rufus
  • win 2K with SP4 integrated. English Version. key: RM233-2PRQQ-FR4RH-JP89H-46QYB HOPE IT WORKS.
  • edited January 2021
    How do I get Windows 2000 Professional unpacked with 7-zip?
    Seventh row from the top
  • Anyone has product key for 2000Pro Japanese?