Desktop/Network Diagrams thread

edited August 2017 in Software
Since the 2014/2015 thread got far too off topic we'll go ahead and start 2016's a bit early!

TGDfESA.jpg

Comments

• Not as hot as my other one but meh.
    iuTSMHP.png
  • There's my cue.
    kqiyhn.png

Lockscreen is the old wallpaper as to stick with the Christmas spirit.
  • edited December 2015
    Found this wallpaper and decided to change it again. JbN7P7I.jpg
  • Megaman + (sorta) minimalism = win
    yscJquc.jpg
  • Since I cant change my Desktop, here it is... I'm going to switch the OS any ways. So goodbye Elementary OS 0.3.2 Freya.
    33o419i.jpg
  • Since im going out from home, I only exposing laptop currently I bring. I'm prefer oldish desktop metaphor with modern look. The wallpaper is set on beach near my hometown, with some touch, match to current desktop theme. I wish I have better camera phone in next year... :lol:

mydesk.png
  • You took that picture? That looks amazing.
  • My desktop hasn't changed a bit since I last posted it on the other thread but anyways, here it is, with a new wallpaper:
    JFCySfX.jpg

Some of the programs you see on the Start Menu are also on the desktop, although Inkscape and Facebook Messenger is only on the desktop hidden behind it (and once again, I only have few icons on it). Felt like changing the wallpaper when I had that other one for too long and again, it is a blue one and it looks very identical to the one used on Mac OS X, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's a mere recolouring of it. Still looks awesome though. And the image I've chosen for my user profile is of the college I once attended, on a nice sunny day that I took two years ago :)

By the way, theikus, what Linux distro are you using? I know it's something of the XFCE desktop but I'm just wondering. Good photo also ;)
  • This will make the Beta Kids scream.
    snap.PNG

snap1.PNG

Look closely at the second window, second image. Enjoy.
    It wasn't difficult. Running native AHCI Sata on an SSD. It's fast. Bootup time is near instant, as well as file browsing.
    Only limitation is the horrid VGA as Longhorn is incompatible with my card, or else it just won't load the driver. Everything else works- HD sound(after MSUAA patch), SD, and wireless although WZC won't load a proper IP. And no, I'm using TrueTransparency. And for some reason, it won't load proper time.
  • You took that picture? That looks amazing.
    Thanks for appreciation! I only forget to bring my DSLR camera and no better camera, as the result was bit grainny :mrgreen:
    If anyone interest to poking around, here is PSD file. (compressed inside rar).
  • Bry89 wrote:

By the way, theikus, what Linux distro are you using? I know it's something of the XFCE desktop but I'm just wondering. Good photo also ;)

It's Debian 8 Jessie with Xfce 4.12 from official Xfce website instead 4.10 from debian repo. I used Ambiance theme along with Vivacious icons.
  • I still have a soft spot for the Windows classic theme.

Desktop_zpsoyyl2icf.jpg
  • Here's my desktop, also cleaned it up a bit because it was full of useless shit.

73M5nOE.jpg
  • Doqtor Kirby; your move. YAJhG8g.jpg
  • Counter check :P YGmjRmy.jpg
  • I finally got this almost working. Debian 8 with ICEWM, and with a mac OS theme..
    2cn77dk.jpg
  • Digging up 2002's themes and window managers?

The slowest Intel Mac released:

JjuS4HW.jpg
  • This week's neko.

In link form because stitch keeps complaining to me about the site.

http://ran.2hu.moe/luctak.png
  • ampharos wrote:
    Digging up 2002's themes and window managers?

The slowest Intel Mac released:

JjuS4HW.jpg
    http://www.apple.com/shop/buy-mac/mac-mini

1.4GHZ is slower.

Then again, due to the 1.4GHZ one having 2 cores + more modern design, the 1.5 GHZ is slower. If you're talking about clock speed alone, though, the Core Solo is faster.
  • http://www.apple.com/shop/buy-mac/mac-mini

1.4GHZ is slower.

Then again, due to the 1.4GHZ one having 2 cores + more modern design, the 1.5 GHZ is slower. If you're talking about clock speed alone, though, the Core Solo is faster.
    Um, CPU clock speed isn't the only factor that determines speed, the new Retina MacBook has a 1.1GHz processor I believe yet is faster than my $1300 worth (at the time) 2009 iMac. It's not even a question of cores, it's much more complex than that.
  • New theme in Icewm...
    JX3L1wf.jpg
  • mgAg0re.jpg
    nothing fancy, simple desktop (after sometime it becomes messy but it's okay)
  • that's pretty hot kirby nice. Here's mine.
    KatA0Zq.jpg
  • This is turning into 2016 Desktop/Network/Animie thread.
    Doesn't matter if it's anime or not, it's still their desktop screenshot, which is what this thread is about.
    That means we've won.